1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not meant to be

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GlindaRose, Mar 3, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably quite a few of you have heard me talk about a girl called Regina. But for those of you who don't know, she's my internet friend. I met her via flirting website.

Anyway, we thought we had something together and were planning on meeting up. However, I did a lot of thinking and realized I didn't feel that way for her. Yesterday I sent her an e-mail breaking it off with her because that's what's fairest for both of us. This is the e-mail:

I guess I learned a lesson from this...don't just feel you have to like someone because they like you. And don't think you're compatible with someone just because they're gay and they like you. Impatience got the better of me. I hope I never make this mistake again.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Its a good letter and your very honest =] *hugs*

How old was she?

3. CrimsonThunder

I thought you had to be 18 to use flirting sites? The letter sounded nice tho.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm glad you communicated your thoughts and feelings to her in a nice way instead of just disappearing. It's much better.

5. Louise

Well done Lucy.

Well done for thinking through your feelings in such a mature manner instead of rushing in headlong and well done for your kind and thoughtful letter letting your friend know how things are before they went too far.

You are very mature for your age and this will surely stand you in good stead in the future and help you to avoid painful mistakes. :kiss:

6. panda

Heatqueen, What a brave and thoughtful letter. As others have said "Very Mature" All this thoughtfulness and compassion and wisdom bodes well for you in the future. Be proud of yourself.

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ty: She was 20.

CrimsonThunder: You do. I lied about my age. (Although I told her eventually)

Beckyg: Thanks.

Louise: I'm not sure how you can call me mature after what I did, but thanks. I figured it would be best to end it now rather than meet up with her and make the situation worse.

You probably don't remember, but at one point in the 'Anonymous' section, there was a thread called 'Confused about my feelings'. I will now reveal that I was the original poster of this thread, and the X I referred to was Regina. I didn't want to reveal myself before because I didn't want people telling me how stupid I was being, how internet relationships are bad, etc etc.

8. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Wow, heatqueen, an excellent letter :slight_smile: It would certainly make me feel better about it. Well done for writing it so well and before things went too far :slight_smile: And you are mature, because despite making a mistake, you dealt with it in an adult way! (*hug*) well done!

9. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wrote another poem everyone. Based on what happened. It's called 'The Firework'

What once I mistook for a roaring flame
    Was not such that I deceived my heart to believe.
    It was a firework; a temporary spark
    Which dwindled and faded into nothing.

It left spots behind my eyelids:
    Lights which I was determined to keep alive.
    But they quickly faded, and I was left
    With a memory of what wasn’t meant to be.

I felt bad, for in her own eyes,
    The fire remained, more alive than ever,
    But I knew that sooner or later,
    My cruel words would water her flame.

She is the victim of a lesson learned;
    A sacrifice so I would not do the same to others
    What I did to her. Only real fires exist now,
    And will one day burn more passionately than ever before.

10. Trumpetplyer23

I like the poem, its very well written *claps*. Its a good thing, that you were honest with her, people can be jerks, whether or not their online or in real-life. I'm glad to see that you're not one of the jerks.