1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting attached easily

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brent2013, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Brent2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi guys, :slight_smile:

I am newbie here! Just found this site thru browsing the net about relationship stuff. I am BI and not out and discreet. I am dating this guy for a week now but I feel like I am easily get attached to him already. Yes, I am attracted to him, I like him and he likes me too but i feel a hard time about this feeling of easily getting attach. My heart beats faster, always thinking of him and I am trying to control myself to call him often as I don't want to be irritating to him or not too much showy of being attached. Sometimes I wish we are on the same state of feeling maybe yes but it depends how he handling it but for me its kinda hard. I have been a past relationship where I gave all and in the end nothing left for me and it took several months since I moved on and I am afraid to happen this again to me. I know learn from the past, take it easy and slowly, focus on your own things, but sometimes even if you know what to do because it is easy to say, it hard to prove it once again, you can't easily just please your emotion. I don't know, its kinda hard to explain more, i feel its not good, i need deal with this, i need to face my fears and it's kinda hard to control my feelings. Please help me. Hope you understand my feelings and situation

Thank you and looking forward on this site :slight_smile:

2. Kay

Kay Guest

Hi and welcome to EC! Enjoy.
    You can't help how you feel. Your feelings for this guy are your feelings. There is nothing wrong with what you are feeling. He will let you know if you are beyond what he wants and needs sweetie. If he has not said anything or withdrawn from you he is comfortable with the attachment as well. Hugs and good luck with the budding relationship.

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Personally I think it has to do with the infrequency a closeted person can find and attach to another person. I would bet you a donut many closeted gays would say they attach too quickly, over think the relationship, and are considering life down the road in the relationship rather than focusing on the here and now.

I suspect you are the rule not the exception in the closeted gay world.

Nothing stops you from stopping and smelling the roses.

Stuck

4. Brent2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

yeah, better to show this feeling to him rather than keeping it and regret it later. Thanks

I feel like that sometimes, lol, and yeah I should enjoy for now worry later. Thanks!