1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Over Celibacy!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoiGeorge, Jan 24, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I know a lot of you have read my thread on my choice to remain celibate. Well I have some news for you all - I've broken that pact! I deserve to be with a girl I love for the rest of my life, not die alone as a bitter old, celibate grandma! So although this choice majorly conflicts with my religion, I am going to have to find a way to intergrate both my sexuality and my spirituality, because I am not going to remain single for the rest of my life! I'm off to college in a few weeks and I want to enjoy being a normal teen with a girlfriend and a life!! I am not asexual, I am a sexual person who needs and desires to be intimate with my someone special. So there you have it... I have chosen to break the celibacy pledge. (!)

2. Kay

Kay Guest

I am happy you made this decision George. I think denying yourself the joys of a relationship that includes intimacy would be unfair to yourself. You deserve to have physical love. If God made you LGBTQ he certainly would not want you alone. There is someone special out there for you George and you will find her and make her happy for years to come. Hugs and love dear.

3. Bree

Yay! Sorry. Maybe that's rude to people who choose to be celibate. I think that God wants you to be happy, and denying a part of yourself just because that's what you have been taught is wrong. I'm glad that you're going to make the more difficult choice of trying to figure out right and wrong instead of the easy path of obeying what you're told.

4. SomeNights

5. Ianthe

Good for you.

I encourage you, again, to watch the video of Matthew Vines that we keep posting.

[YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

6. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good for you! :slight_smile: I think denying yourself the ability to have an I tomato relationship would have been so difficult for you in the long run. I'm happy you made this choice!
    And good luck at college!!! You'll love it!(*hug*)

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Woo hoo!! You won't regret it :wink: Good for you for taking charge and livin' life to the fullest!!!

8. PeteNJ

It's comPletely ok to be alOne and happy by yourself.

And it's totally ok to want a partner for sex, intimacy, love. (either together or separate perhaps. ;-)

So George- now you need to break out of your comfort zone to get what you want . That's where I'm at - I was alone too long, and Don't want to be alone.

Wishing us both luck and guts!

Peace

9. TheUglyBarnacle

I doubt I had commented on the thread but I had sort of stalked it a bit and I gotta say I'm glad you broke the pledge.
    I am not Christian but I remember seeing that somewhere in the bible (Galatians, in fact) it states that there is no law against love as it is something that comes from the Holy Spirit. Or something like that anyway. So there is no reason for you to feel bad.
    Congrats again!

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1 John 4:8 NIV
    New International Version
    "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

When you love, it comes from God. I was hoping you were not making that decision out of guilt, because I once believed I would do the same because I felt so guilty about who I was. That's not a way to make major life decisions I figured, and I have prayed that God give me a sign when I meet who I am destined to be with so I can live guilt free even if it's another woman. God knows our hearts and intentions, and that sometimes our feelings overpower our preconcieved notions about how we SHOULD feel as a Christian. The secret is, being a Christian doesn't make us stronger than anyone else in the world... it's relying on God that does. He sees and He understands.

God bless you George! Pray and lean on God to help aid you in finding your Destined One(s) and enjoy the dating scene while you're young!
    :slight_smile:

#10 myheartincheck, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  11. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you're able to see that you can live happily how you were intended to and that being gay and religious can go together. After all it just comes down to what is between you and God and not what other people say is right.

12. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just follow your heart and everything will fall into place~ n_n

13. SkyDiver

George, I know that you're a Christian, and I'm delighted to tell you that celibacy is not a requirement for gay Christians. They have just as much a right to everything that heterosexual Christians have. There is nothing wrong with being sexual. God put that in you for a reason. :slight_smile:

14. redstormrising

good for you! if you want to be intimate with someone, you should! i'm sure you will be able to find a way to reconcile your faith with not living a life of self-deprivation

15. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha that didn't last long! I'm happy for you, go and find yourself a wonderful girl BoiGeorge!

16. CatofOld

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Are you Catholic? I had always wondered how practical a teaching that was in application, I never thought I could do that for all the days of my life myself. I am glad you are happy with your decision.

17. photoguy93

I'm really happy for you and I am not at all surprised! I wondered when you posted your previous thread...I had a feeling.

Whatever life you are confident in is FABULOUS. But now, you can just be free. No no no - I'm not saying just have random sex. I'm saying that you can live a life that will fit for you. You can love someone in a way that they will be able to love you back (because no many of us are celibate.)

And the best part is that you will be the person who will think, who will treat yourself with respect.

Best wishes!

18. shovelman

Good for you :slight_smile: I hope you do find that special someone and enjoy every moment of it :slight_smile:

19. Gen

Gen

Exactly.

And remember that just because it may conflict with Christianity(I believe you were christian. My apologies if you are not). Doesnt necessarily mean that it must conflict with your religion. Even for those who are more on the side of fundamentalists, the original text of the bible was written in a time when language wasnt even elaborate enough to be as extremely specific as it is printed and interpreted today. I would look inside yourself, see what you believe, and run with that..