1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should I Do?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ILuvhURAWR21, Jan 24, 2013.

1. ILuvhURAWR21

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, Iam 14 And Up Till Now I Have Pretty Much Thought I Was Straight. When i was younger I Did always say weird things to my siblings that i use to be a boy but my parents said that was all normal When I Was around 12 is when i started having diffrent feelings toward girls I Never really thought anything about it then But My friends some of them were bisexual girls So I Asked one of them how they felt when they were with Her girlfriend are there crush she described it was exactly How I Felt. after awhile We got closer and she started to do little things like ask if she could hold my hand and stuff one time we were at her house and i was about to leave and she asked if she could kiss me when i said i wasnt shure she just kissed me, after when I Left i found myself smiling about it thinking about her in school, i started txting her alot and then i asked her out she said yes! Were still dating after a year, but now I Havent come out to anyone except my bestfriend and some of the people that know were dating, Im Confused Sometimes I Think I Donnt want to be bisexual and things my parents have always raised me to think it was a sin, My older step brother iss Gay and my parents do not like it at all, I Want to tell them but i know they will not except me, I Try to think i could just go on living and maybe i'll lose my attraction for girls, but i dont think that will happen. my father is a minister and my mom is a church teacher, so being that if i tell them i know i will get introuble. I Dont know what i should do should i break up with my gf and try to stop my feelings? are just tell them and hope for the best? I Dont think i can take it much longer. i never wanted to be this way, but at the same time i dont want to leave my girlfriend Please Help. !

2. BearyBoo99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hiya. I'm about the same age and I'm not from a really religious backround but we do go to church sometimes. Liking the same sex is not a sin. Jesus had two dads and he turned out amazing. I think that you should just slowly start to come out to friends because they may be accepting and give you the couage to tell your parents. At first they might not like the idea (your parents) But if they truly love you they will not try to change you.

:slight_smile:

3. Eric

A lot of people struggle with reconciling their faith and sexuality, or some variation of that. What you're going through is the guilt of knowing that you don't quite match up with the way your parents want you to be, and that's okay. The way you feel is completely normal, and breaking up with your girlfriend won't make your feelings go away. The best course of action for you is to wait until you're financially independent from your parents before you come out, so you know if they can't accept it, you'll still be able to sustain yourself. For the time being, it's probably best to keep on with the way things are until you feel completely ready to come out to more people. There's no reason, in my opinion, for you to sacrifice personal happiness in order to satisfy your parents.