1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe i was wrong...(off topic a little)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 24, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay so i thought my dad was kind of being accepting of me when i first started questioning my sexuality and he was being open saying "maybe you should get a boyfriend *pause* or girlfriend" but then today i was talking about how my friend Desiree's girlfriend is being nice to me again because me and her girlfriend didn't talk much after this birthday party i went to and he said

"does carley want to be lesbian too?" and i didn't know what to think of that ...i guess he was directing it towards Desiree saying , she's only with her because she wants to ....but then he said "isn't that the one you were in 'love' with last year?" and i said
    "no , that was Katie and i didn't love her , it was just a crush" then he said "whatever"

so i don't know what to make of it...either way , im still disappointed because he'd think she wants to be lesbian....for a cold fact carley is bisexual but leans more towards women , katie on the other hand says she's lesbian but ...i doubt it because for some reason , she seems like she's more interested in guys and talking about how hot they this guy ans that guy is but i might be wrong and actually i told her about my hand fetish and she said
    "i do too , men's hands right?" and it felt awkward cause i have more of thing for women's hands and she's out to everyone , tells everyone she's lesbian but for some reason i doubt it. carley really quiet about her sexuality i can't picture her with a guy , she definitely clicks with girls....katie....not so much....

anyways totally off topic , sorry about that :/ ,
    what would you interpret from me and my dads conversation?

2. Eric

It sounds to me like your dad is trying to be accepting, but he's a touch misinformed. I would suggest that you have a sit down with him and talk about how it's not a choice, and it's not a matter of wanting to be a lesbian. With any luck, he'll come out of the discussion with a better understanding of your situation.

3. MerBear

yeah , he doesn't believe you can be bisexual either. im glad he's trying to be accepting but i mean....i dont know

thank you

4. MerBear

talked to him today but he wont budge

5. Kay

Kay Guest

He may not budge on the way he understands LGBTQ and that for a time doesn't matter. It would be nice if he could sort that out. He does seem to accept the fact you might be and you can talk about it to a degree. Even if he thinks you are making a choice he doesn't seem to fighting you on your so called choice as much as he might. Hugs

6. MerBear

no he's not but still , he thinks the whole things ajoke really. i can tell

7. Kay

Kay Guest

Even if he thinks it is a joke he is giving you room to dialogue on the topic. Someday and hopefully soon he will realize you are not joking dear. He will catch on no matter how slow he is.

8. MerBear

he's an asshole and he'll always be an asshole. its just the way he is. no matter what.
    he's trying to be accepting which i am grateful for but still he's a jerk