1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay, straight, or bisexual? Please answer.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jasonpaul, Jan 24, 2013.

1. jasonpaul

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Background Info: I'm 20 years old cisgendered male in college. Before going to college, I only dated and had sex with women and identified to myself as straight. After coming to college, I experimented with a guy and ended up dating him for over a year. Now I'm single again and trying to figure out what I should do with my life.

I have concluded that I am more physically attracted to women than men. I find their bodies much more appealing and the sex more enjoyable. If I was going to pick someone for a one night stand, I would choose a woman 8/10 times.

However, I find myself completely incapable of developing romantic feelings for women. It's easy for me to develop crushes, but once I talk to them/spend time with them I am completely over it. It's the opposite with men, however. With men, I don't feel as physically drawn to them, but the emotional aspect is MUCH stronger. I loved doing "cute" things with my boyfriend, like cuddling, going out to dinner, and waking up together.

Obviously the physical aspects and emotional aspects of one's orientation are very important. I always learned that being bisexual meant you were attracted to both sexes: but what if I have completely different attractions for both? All advice/comments appreciated....

2. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Im not sure you could be bisexual. You could be straight with homosexual tendencies. The only person that can really know is you man good luck in figuring this out.

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    gah that's like me.

physically for women, more emotionally for men(though no cuddling lol). Just the strongest bonds l've felt aside from like 2 women.

l think it's really an individual choice(not just saying this in a trite, U R FREE 2 B U way).

But like seriously. Each person differs as far as which connection is the most important to them. So you might say you're bi with this situation, another man might say he's gay.

l don't think you're straight, really.

For me l've chosen to be with women because l'm just going with what l do and always have found physically attractive. Also, if l find a woman that l also have a strong emotional connection with like a male, it'd be the whole package.

Where as even if l have that with men, l'm NEVER going to have the attraction so the whole package isn't an option.

KWIM?

Another thing to think about is that for people of all orientations they often seem pretty likely to have more in common with the sex opposite what they're attracted to. Men don't understand women, women don't understand men (generally, or at least we get to hear them say so ALL THE TIME).

So. Life would be simple and is simple for those who are most strongly attracted to one sex in all of the core areas, not usually how it works out though. This might mean you're primarily into women.

#3 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. Aielar

It sounds like you could be a homoromantic (exclusive romantic attraction towards men) bisexual (physically attracted to both men and women, but more inclined towards women). I'd suggest checking out the Kinsey Scale - it's a spectrum of sexuality developed in the 1900's - and seeing if any of the points on the scale resonate with you. Hope this helps.

5. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I know your feeling here, too. I'm still undecided. Consider that for a long term relationship, sexual attraction just doesn't matter as much--old people still have sex, but not as much and finance is more important than sex, from what I can tell.

Think which gender you'd rather have this with: The pros and cons of living with your significant other - The Oatmeal

6. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Try not to worry so much about labels, if you worry too much you will try to fit your personal image to a label, rather than fitting a label to your image. Just keep yourself open-minded and see where it goes! Lots of people's romantic and physical attractions change as they age and discover who they are. If you like a woman, go out with her! If you like a man, go out with him! Do not look for a gender; look for a person.