1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad/mad/jealous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by photoguy93, Jan 24, 2013.

1. photoguy93

So, I've been meaning to post this.

I thought this was the right place to put it.

I'm hurt, upset, jealous...everything.

I'm single. I have been single for..well, ever! I've never had a meaningful, real life connection with a guy. Never even kissed a guy. I had a few online connections. Word to the wise - stay away from that crap.

I want something. I'm consistently turned away and ignored. I am almost never hit on. I'm told "it's totally your area!" Bull - I see guys who are together. I hear about them. But I am not accepted.

I'm most hurt because I was the out one in high school who took the hit. I was harassed, verbally, during my passing period, in front of my peers. She tried to physically attack me. (the only guy to have this happen to in my whole high school career. Private school, baby!)

But I'm the one who is alone. What is wrong with me? Why can't I even have a nice conversation with a guy? Why am I so angry?

This is kind of a rant. I'm sorry - it's just been bottled up. I felt like I was going to burst!

2. shovelman

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. What can I say? I too have never been with a guy or girl but that's mostly due to the fact that I just recently started coming out so I wouldn't really know what you've experienced. But hey listen, I'm pretty sure there's a guy out there for you and he's waiting for you also so chin up and try to think positively knowing that this guy can come at any moment but you also have to be open to it because you never know where you might find him :slight_smile:

3. photoguy93

Thanks.

I was hoping for more, but at least you replied. I guess my story really is just for me!

4. Yui

Yui

Hey (*hug*)

I do understand how you feel. All my friends and family members my age have boyfriends/girlfriends and I'm the only one left. They're constantly asking about it, acting as if there was something wrong with me - it's sooo annoying :/ I'm the one who's always helping everyone, I always go the extra mile to make other people happy/feel good, when you're sick I am the only one who shows up with fresh cookies at your door asking if I can do something for you/get you some medicine/etc. I am the one who bakes you cupcakes for your birthday. But even though - I'm the one who's alone. I'm the one no one loves (in that way). I'm as nice as one can be. And I'm certainly not ugly. So what the hell is wrong? I really don't get it - everyone has a significant other, no matter how rude/indifferent/inattentive/feisty/impolite they are. They never make any effort to make other peoples lifes better, they never go the extra mile - but they all have someone who adores them. It's not that I don't want them to be happy but why I'm the only one no one wants? And since I don't really care for gender and like both guys and girls, shouldn't I actually have better chances? :confused2: Obviously not...

Besides - my cousin recently came out as gay and he got a boyfriend within a few weeks. And yep - he's never had any problems, he's never had to endure mean comments/people insulting him/attack him etc. He's never had to endure what you have. I was recently insulted by two girls in front of my peers (they said I was disgusting etc.). My cousin never had to endure any of this crap - not that I'd want him to but it's just so unfair. He is so arrogant and weird and rude and snotty and racist and intolerant, he's one of the most unpleasant people to be around. He's always looking down on other people and telling them they don't know the real world and that they have no idea what real life is like but yeah - he knows it all... WTF???!!!! I go to school with him + he and my aunt and uncle live in the house next to ours, so I know what's going on in his life. But yeah - he has a boyfriend, someone loves this unbearable idiot (and he treats his poor boyfriend, who's super insecure and shy, like crap). Everyone in my family tells him how great he is and how amazing and brave yada yada yada And he didn't have to go through anything. Life's easy for him. I'm the one who gets the mean comments, the one who's had to go through anorexia + severe depression but yeah - he tells me I don't know what "the real life" is like and everyone in my family goes along with him.
    I sooo get what you're talking about - we're the ones who had to go through a lot, who really had to fight - and we're the ones without someone who loves us (again - in that way). Makes me angry as well :/

I don't have any advice but a lot of empathy (*hug*) :kiss: