1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Eletricalmonkss, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I use to work with an old case worker well not exactly a case worker but someone that would check up on me and check my independent living situation who I was openly gay to. We use to hang out all of the time to, he went to my parents place with me over the winter and I have been to his place a few times so we became really close.

Today, I found out he was being transferred to another local branch so I wouldn't see him anymore and have to see someone new. They also can help clients with relationships, friendships to the more romantic kind. Should I come out to this new person the first time I meet him, wait a few months or should I just never tell him?

2. shovelman

I think you should tell him that way things are clear right from the beginning and you don't have to worry about it later but of course that choice is left up to you and how you feel about coming out to this new person.

3. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I think you may be correct. I'll just play this one out for now as I haven't meet the person face-face yet.