1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senesthesia

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gustav, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This could be in the health section, but i do not need any medical advise on this one. and for those who do not know what Synesthesia is, it is a mental "thing" (not a disorder) where people mix senses like taste and sound. Mozart could taste like lemons for example.

For me, like many with it, i can associate people with numbers and numbers with personalities. so i can see someone and automatically rank them a number and a personality; giving me a feeling if i want to be their friend or not, or even if they are compatible with me. my other issue with this "Thing" is that i can see a country and be able to justify how powerful it is, its population, and economy, just by its shape- also giving the nation a personality such as aggressive or passive etc. . .

now with those issues previously mentioned, it explains the reason i have been drawing maps and countries of fictional worlds my whole life. i have even written stories of these maps based on my preset feelings of the country's attitudes.
    ^That really isn't a problem, but i felt it was worth mentioning.

the problem arises with my association with people and numbers. forever i have been doing that: choosing my friends, my actions, and my attitudes towards others, based on their number in my mind. and it is now a problem because i like this guy, for a while actually, and i really just want to be with him- my rational side speaking. but unfortunately, he is not the right number :slight_smile:bang: AHHHHHH!!!!). see, i see myself as the number 21, and to be "truly" compatible with me you must be the same number as i. the guy i like is the number 17, a good number, but not right . . ? so now i am instinctively not liking him because he is not the right number (even though i am really into him).

ps- I was also wondering if anyone else here has Synesthesia or knows a website like this one where i can talk to people who have the same "Thing." i have looked around the web and found nothing.

thanks for reading!:icon_bigg

2. I've got it too but in a different way. I associate colors with numbers, words or single characters. Like i always see the number 4 as red in my head, or 5 as green, 6 as blue etc but the number 45 would be red & green at the same time (weird i know) its pretty much the same for names or words. Ill associate a persons name with a specific color depending on their personality.

I actually think its pretty cool to have synesthesia cause its not that common