1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I blew it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Jan 25, 2013.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I couldn´t resist with all this suspicion and I told my family I like this girl.... :bang: It was too much for me, and I thought that maybe if I said this they would no longer suspect anything... But now Im thinking if I do come out or want to come out they´re not going to take me seriously..... :dry: what have I done?? do you think they will go back to thinking Im 100% straight and have no doubts at all? the doubts kind of gave me an opening.... of course I wasn´t thinking at all when I said that I liked this girl, it was instinctive.... :bang:

2. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coming out will likely still have the same reactions now than if you hadn't said this, you didn't blow anything! I think you are more upset about lying to your family and/or denying being gay. You never have to tell them it was a lie, either! A lot of people like guys and girls, equally, some people like both but prefer one, and some people swear they are 100% gay except for that ONE girl. Who says you have to tell them it was a lie?

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've read some of your other posts, and I think there's no way your parents are going back to thinking you are straight. In fact, I'd say they probably did not take you seriously when you said you liked this girl. I think they know a lot more than you think they know.

4. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I agree, you are fine! It is not like you announced you are engaged to this or any girl--you haven't committed to anything yet! You can still come out to them and whether you explain this situation to them is up to you. I imagine the news of coming out will mean more to them than this tiny lie.

5. Caleb93

I've made the same mistake before. Part of me was trying to convince myself I actually liked her, and the other part was trying to keep my cover because I still want people to think I'm straight. Chances are if your family already suspects you're gay, it's gonna take more than just telling them you like a girl to change their minds. If you want them to believe that you're gay, just tell them you only told them you liked her so they would think you were straight. They shouldn't have too much trouble buying that.

6. Kirito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think you blew it, I mean it's not anything that can't be changed or fixed without much effort. In fact, I'm sure if you're family is accepting enough of your sexuality, then they'll also understand why you "lied" to them. It was natural and instinctive, like you said; there were suspicions and you cracked under pressure to buy yourself more time. A good purchase I think.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kyle,

THey totally know, and have known for a while. Your ruse is going to be about as effective as putting lipstick on a pig.

Quit with the BS and get it over. Tell them. They already know and are obviously waiting for you to just do it, so get it over with :slight_smile: Take this opportunity, and just say (or write) that there's this big elephant in the room you want to address, and telling them you were interested in this girl was a catalyst, and you don't want to lie to them any more.

It will be a lot easier than you think. You've been miserable for months, or maybe years. It's really time to put an end to the excuses and just do it :slight_smile: