1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this guy i like

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Witchcraft, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

i have this friend kinda like a best friend and well i think im starting to like him more than a friend cuse we seem to have lots in common. and im really starting to like him .the only thing is hes straight(well im not sure)and he was at my house a few minutes ago. well anyways we always hang out together at school and i never seen any signs of him bieng gay or bisexual do any of u have any advice on what i should do?:confused:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do not look for signs of him being bi/gay. There is no realistic way of knowing unless they tell you, and you will see what you want to see if you go looking for them.
    You're not out yet. You can brind the topic up and see how he reacts, but right now you should just keep it to yourself. Just remember that any decision you would make would affect his life too, so don't do anything for your own personal gain. You have a duty to him as a friend to be there for him and do things that are in his best interest as well, not just yours. :slight_smile:

3. KatoKumi

You can either come out to him.
    Or you can start up a conversation on how he feels about gay people to see if he'll be okay.

I wish I could've done that at your age x_x;
    I was out by 6th grade, lol.

4. Urman

Urman Guest

Both Martin and Kato have a good point come out to him or bring the topic up my class mate from school came out to me and i came out to him and well walla me and him hooked up and are going out.

5. Trumpetplyer23

Best thing, just come out to him and see how he feels. Don't look for signs, like Martin said, signs are misleading, and if you didn't catch that the first time, I'll say it again signs are misleading. If he comes out to you and wants to hook-up with you, great, but otherwise don't tell him you like him unless you are completely sure that he'll be okay with it.

6. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I say drop it. Hes straight. I've tried it twice but there was no phasing them :slight_smile:

7. sexyalex

i agree with nicvcer. drop it and don't put ur outing at stake. i mean, if anything happens and he finds out ur not straight just think of the many things that could happen. including the fact that u and him may not be friends again....:confused:

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I dont like the guy anymore lol

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL? Hardly something to laugh about. Is it that something happened, or that it was easier to attempt to stop liking him than it was to get a grip on your feelings?

Lex

10. Poring

lol, I wish it was also that easy getting rid of a best friend you've known for a couple of years :tears:

11. Hoppip

Every guy I've ever liked, gay or straight, I realized after the wave of crush-love-obsession was totally not worth it.

And besides, he's probably straight if he hasn't explicitly said anything. And I know it's easy for me to tell you to give up, and it's easy to think about giving up, but I realize your situation. When I have a crush, I can't even fathom the idea of ever giving them up. It's consuming...

And I know it's hard, but save yourself the time. It's the hardest thing in the WORLD to give up a crush, I know. Just try not to think about him to much, okay?

EDIT: Okay, ignore that, since obviously you're over him. Good job! Yaaaay!