1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably coming out to some friends tonight.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Colours, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Colours

I'm going to one of my friends' girlfriend's birthday party tonight. Last night I was out with some other friends and a girl who I told those friends I liked. Sure, I like her, but I'm pretty sure now that it's not in 'that' way and I wish I hadn't told them. But they're always putting so much pressure on the fact that I have to date someone, especially since I've been single for as long as I've known them (to their knowledge, anyway - I have dated guys but they don't know about that).
    Now, they are obviously going to ask me about her and whether anything has happened between us last night because they know I was with her. Even if I was genuinely interested in her, I'm sure I'd get friendzoned since we've been friends for as long as we can remember. Last night when we were at some bar, some gay guy she knows came up to her, and he asked her like 'Oh, who is that?' so she said I was a friend and oddly hugged me or something. I didn't really get what was going on so I asked her 'What's up?' and she went 'A cute guy for you!' and I was completely weirded out and confused because of many different reasons. She did add 'Just kidding!' but no girl would say such a thing if she liked me. Later another friend who I was with, who luckily doesn't know I "like" the girl, went 'Oh hey, that guy's gay, do your thing!'. I feel like there's just been some gossiping going around about my sexuality because it'd be weird for everyone to hint at it because it has happened more times lately. But I'm probably just being paranoid - fact is, if I decide to come out more, it seems like many people won't be surprised judging by those 'jokes'.

So tonight my friends will ask me about her and I might just straight up tell them 'Well, I think I'm gay' or use the gay guy as a metaphore and work my way up from there. They won't be surprised. And they'll probably accept it. It's an odd timing with the party and all but I can't keep lying about this. I need to at least talk about the frustration my sexuality is causing me. I'll snap if I keep it in much longer.

I'll be so glad when I finally get this off my chest. :slight_smile:

2. ems

ems

Yh I know the feeling telling ur friends can be a weight off ur chest. But make sure u tell them when u want to tell them. Not just because ur pushed in a corner . Good luck

3. nooceansleft

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, congratulations dude. Remember there's no wrong or right way to do this but by doing it you're not only helping yourself - in and long-term-big-picture kind of way you're helping the whole community.