1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of being in the closet.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Niko, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Niko

Title says all. I'm tired of being in the closet. I'm tired of being in denial, constantly hiding, and living a lie. I want to be me; but I unfortunately I can't come out and be myself.

Last November I broke down and came out to my family by accident. I spewed all of my feelings out to them and they were quite supportive, at the time. I answered whatever questions they had, and they listened. They told me that I was who I was and they loved me no matter what. I was so happy then, because I thought that was my golden ticket to actually expressing myself more. Boy was I wrong.

They way they act now, is as though I never came out to them in the first place. Basically, they pushed me back into the closet I've known for so long. They want me to continue to be a girl and I don't want that. When I put up a front about it, only my dad can kind of recognize where I'm going at; but my mom and sister still give me odd looks. If and when I get through to my mom, she tells me that she worries for me because if I start looking like a boy I won't be getting a job. Too bad Colorado has an Anti-discrimination law, which means employers cannot, not hire someone just because they're trans*. :dry:

Sorry for the little rant, I just don't know what to do anymore. My birthday is coming up this May, and it hurts thinking that another year has gone by and I'm still living a life as a girl I know I'm not.

If you guys have any ideas on how I can try to come out to them ...again, please tell me. Anything would be of help.

2. IAmAGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yea im also still here in the closet(LOL) its hard especially if ur hiding ur feelings from others. I cant take the stress i wanna flee .y country n do he things i want to do. All my life doing things i want to do is a no-no and i hav to do thungs that stress me out and it makes me feel worthless and its even worse since i found out im gay and now i hav more feelings to hide. If only thw world cud accept aus as who we r and not just by our sexuality but also our interests and ambitions.

3. DarkestDream

I found this...

GLBTColorado.org – Northern Colorado

That's the first thing that came up when I started looking, so I don't know if that's near you, or what...but there's a number there. Perhaps they can help you, along with the support that you'll have here.

At least your family was open enough to listen, so that's a start. Don't suppress yourself if you don't have to, just keep 'becoming'. Don't listen to your mom, either. You can get ahead, and you WILL. (*hug*)