1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i lesbian?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alyeliaventi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. alyeliaventi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i'm 16 and i've spent my entire life, until now, believing i'm straight. i've only ever been sexually/physically attracted to males.
    however, i met one girl, and i fell in love. there's emotional, physical and sexual attraction.
    i've never looked at a girl in this way before.
    i suppose my question is, what is going on?? i have no idea.

2. Ianthe

Well, since you are crazy about this one girl, you are probably at least bisexual.

It's difficult to be sure of your sexual orientation as a whole, because you are still at an age where overt sexual interest in people might still be emerging. There will have been clues in your childhood, but they will be difficult to interpret.

When I was your age, there were guys I thought I had "liked," but really, it was just that they were friends of mine and I thought it would be kind of "okay" to go out with them. It turns out that isn't actually the same thing as being attracted to someone.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2013 at 05:03 PM ----------

Oh, and Welcome to Empty Closets!

3. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should just go with the flow, you know? Experiment, maybe it's just a phase, maybe it'll open your eyes and you'll just realize you like girls too.
    There was one time that I really questioned my sexuality because there was this guy that he was sooo nice, and we had common interests and I really loved talking to talk to him because we used to talk a lot and stuff, but that was just because I wanted someone to talk to and he happened to be there and talk to me, so... that was nice of him. But yeah, when I have a crush on a girl I really don't mind if we have everything in common, I just want to talk to her.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should embrace your feelings, do not deny them. I discovered my feelings around your age, so I did a little soul searching. I had discovered that I had deep repressed feelings since the age of 6. I had crushes on my friends growing up, but didn't think nothing of it. At the age of 13, I finally discovered what being gay meant, but I hid my feelings. Until they resurfaced at the age of 16\17.

I never went through that typical boy crazy phase, so everything started to add up. Does this girl you speak of know how you feel about her?

5. alyeliaventi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i've tried to feel things for other girls, just so i can be sure, but to no avail.
    why is she the only one??
    since we met, i don't really feel attracted to anyone else at all. male or female.
    she does know that i like her, but i don't know what she thinks of me.

6. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uh... just wait for it. Maybe you just have eyes for her now, I don't know. Just wait.
    Why don't you ask her what she thinks of you? It's easier said than done, but it's the only way to figure it out.

7. MerBear

that's what happened with me ....i had this crush on this girl Rosalyn in 7th grade....and it was only until last year i realized i had something for her then.

last year i had this crush on katie and i wasn't interested in anyone else so i started to think "oh well katie is the only crush i'll have on a girl" then after i got over Katie there was this girl in my theater class i kept noticing ...and then i started to thinking about her more and more and then started to get nervous around her and then i started to daydream about me and her being together then i got confused.....after her ....i wasn't interested in anyone else andi thought that was it then scarlett came....and im still trying to get over her actually....we met online and talked for 7 months.....now im not interested in anyone else mainly because im trying to get over her....but i always wonder if she's the last girl i'll crush on and if that's it.

i haven't had a crush on a guy in 2 years but my crushes on guys were different from the ones i had on girls

what im saying is you need to look back closely at your childhood.
    you might and i said might for a reason only be attracted to her and no one else because she's your main focus right now.

that's what happened with my crushes on girls , i was so focused on katie that i didn't really have time to focus on anyone else but her.

just give it time....that's what everyone tells me :slight_smile:

good luck

8. alyeliaventi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thanks, everyone.
    i tried to take everyone's advice on board. i had a look back at my childhood, and i think i might be lesbian, at least bisexual.
    i told that girl i like her, even though i think she already knew, and we're hanging out more.

thanks for everyone's help! xxx