1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexual or homoromantic?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Adhoc, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Adhoc

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've recently been trying to decide the best way to 'come out' about my feelings of attraction towards my male peers, but I still can't find certainty whether they are truly sexual or merely romantic/emotional.

I don't have any immediate desire for sexual interactions, and although I do have fantasies, these are all impersonal and are more based around the emotional aspects of certain encounters. All of these are exclusively with members of the same-sex.

In real-life, I've noticed I am attracted aesthetically and emotionally towards boys, however there are no distinguishable sexual feelings.

Are these fantasies enough, in your opinion, to establish sexual feelings? While I normally wouldn't consider this important, I feel I should not have any unnecessary qualifiers surrounding my sexuality and/or romantic attractions- and ultimately, I want to know if it is even worth it to disclose feelings that are entirely personal in nature and might not even hold a role in shaping sexual or future spousal development.

Thank you for your time.

2. Cooper Stoppes

I think the best way to find out your sexual/romantic/emotional dynamic is to spend more time with the people you like. Sexual feelings may develop even if they aren't consuming you at first glance. In fact, I've heard that it is a lot better to get to know someone before you have sexual interactions with them, so don't worry so much about finding a label for yourself. Just be honest, and be safe with whoever you choose to spend your time with. You don't owe your body to anyone. That's what I think.

3. Isaac101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a very great topic to address to anyone, first i would like to say that although you may not be sexually attracted to certain body parts "right now" that sexual interactions, and sex for most people, is not only physical but emotional as well. A lot of times people associate sexual orientation with being physically attracted to a persons body. And although that IS a very big part of sexual orientation, to say the least, Emotional connections are HUGE! Everyone develops in different ways, and i have seen this kind of development before. I think that you need to think about a few things too. First of all, are you actually sexually attracted to womens body parts? or do you really not feel very sexual at all right now. I'm thinking that this may be the case. If so, i strongly believe that if you have emotional connections to men and may not be sexually attracted to anyone now, that it is most likely that sexual feelings will come. i do not know exactly how old you or if you are just starting pueberty or what, but no matter how far into "becoming a man' you are, sexual feelings can take along to come. Believe it or not, but Emotional Feelings and Sexual Feelings are actually very closely related...I know shocking right! Think about the true feelings that you get around boys/men....and trust me there is no rush to know whether or not you want to know now. As well, i believe that you should think about another thing. Imagine if you are having sex with a women. Would you really be Happy with her, or just sexually pleasured by her. No matter what Sex is still Sex, and still feels good to anyone no matter what sexual preference you have. I suggest that you wait and see if any sexual feeling do arise in the future. But make sure that you don't mistake sexual feelings with curiosity, i am gay...and i still wonder about women sometimes, But i am still a teenager and like i said...sex is sex, so don't confuse the two. If you really want my true opinion...then i would think that you would probably be either Gay or at least Bi, BUT LISTEN TO YOUR HEART...do not be pressured into sexual orientation or you will never be happy. I truly hope that you find yourself, it is a great feeling when you do. Keep me posted, i would love to hear how things are going. Thank You. And have a good day! :slight_smile: