1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush wants me to bang him and be kinky with him...but he doesn't want to kiss me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by themonkey319, Jan 26, 2013.

1. themonkey319

So there is this boy I went to high school with (I graduated 5.5 years ago, him a year later) that is still around. I'm not able to write out all the details but this has been a multi-step journey.

I was in drumline in high school and at the end of my junior year (I didn't know him yet but knew who he was, good looking guy, very smart, really well known and liked in his class but he wasn't in the "popular circle") he approached me saying he wanted to join the drumline. And I was like hottie (note: at this point I know I'm gay, I accepted I was gay, but I was so far in the closet it wasn't even funny ... he is straight) ... and he played sax so well that I knew he was good at music and would take it seriously ... so I helped him, so did several others, but I was his main go-to guy. He makes the drumline which is awesome because we become really close friends. Lot of bromancing and being teased about being gay together, although I don't think people actually believed that. But I did develop a crush on him.

By the end of senior year I was crushing on him pretty hard. He was my very first real crush. I'd never fallen for a guy before, he was like gay patient 0 welcome to loving dudes for me. He exhibited signs of being gay (not really really obvious) but I can't get into those because this will be 9 pages long.

:beer:

Well I planned on staying there for a few months after graduating because I was hopeful at the time that something would happen between us. Family matters happened, then I had to move far away, immediately. It was tough on me and we stayed in good contact for a little while but then it just faded to very occasional texts. I got over the sludgy part of being down about it but I still had the experience filed away under the "tough defeat" tab because I really felt it going somewhere.

Last January (couple years later) I come out of the closet. Several months later I go down to visit him (specifically) for 5 days for my birthday cause I hadn't seen him in 5 years and I missed the shit out of him. About two weeks after this visit he texts me saying basically "Don't say anything about this, but I kinda wish something happened between us during your visit, it turns me on thinking of pleasing you, I'm not gay and I wouldn't kiss or makeout or anything but I'm sexually curious and I want you for some reason." So this throws me for the best loop ever and I'm confused, amazed, and happy all at the same time... after I tell him the story of me crushing on him for all that time ... he then decides to get really dirty with the texts. REALLY. Then pictures start going back and forth and it gets pretty intense and I had never been big on like sexting I guess is what it was. He was telling me what he wanted me to do to him when I got the chance ... I mean I think of the ron burgundy "boy, that escalated quickly" thing.

But whatever positive experience ... I now know that I can have one of my crushes. First time ever. Exciting shit. I just have to get back down to his little town and scheduling/resources haven't been able to facilitate such a trip yet. Every now and then I'll send him a random text if I'm doing something really cool "Hey wish you were here with me to do this" or just little nice things like that, nothin too heavy. He normally responds very briefly or not at all but it's just his style. I don't think much of it. No more of the really dirty texting until ...

Tonight he texts me "I get these urges for you too. I like women otherwise it's weird. Our relationship and you being gay has made me curious. I have the urge to please you and be with you right now. Tell me what do you want to do to me?" and then without delay he gets right back into the really dirty stuff. I dunno I wasn't so much feeling it. Honestly when he asked me what I wanted to do with him I thought in my head cuddle and watch one of the million shows we both love to watch together, let's kiss, and do fun shit together and be romantic. I didn't say that though - that wouldn't have been a very hot response for him haha. I'm not really big on the sexting thing. But damn like this is my guy so I just make up a lie saying I'm at some friends house right now chillin. It eventually came around to talking about our visit from my birthday and I told him I wanted to make a move on him then but I was too nervous he would reject me and I'd be really worried about our friendship. He texts me this in response:

"It probably would have caught me off guard, I dunno I have to be in a horny mood I guess. I dunno if I could kiss you though. I guess it's the hetero in me. I want to but idk man."

This....this really changed the tone of things for me. I had a huge cloud of doubt roll over my head about him which sucks because I'm crazy for this cat. I thought to myself You can get into brutal details about what really gay stuff you want me to do with you (I mean some DETAILS about DIRTY stuff, not out of bounds or anything out of the ordinary, but on the dirty edgy side) but you can't kiss me? I almost fell in love with this guy, the closest I have been yet. So I dunno I kinda froze and stopped responding. He had gone on for a little bit longer then came to:

"Damn, sorry if the kissing thing or any of the above turned you off. I know you're busy though. I guess hit me up when you can. I feel embarrassed now. Please don't show these texts to anyone either man." (I'm literally violating his request by sharing here but....y'all don't tell anybody please, I'll find out who did it if you do.)

I decided to respond with a strong firm message that I wasn't going to blow his cover or out him, I just did 10 years of that shit myself, it would have been the ultimate betrayal. But I did not say anything else. He starts getting dirty again, I didn't respond and he just says "Anyway, I'll ttyl lol. Night."

Now, I actually started writing the thread tonight at this point in the story. My initial purpose of writing this thread was to ask for advice on how to handle or for someone to share relevant experience with this but....as I have been writing it I decided the best thing to do was full disclosure while I still had him tuned-in to me (can be hard to do with him sometimes, he'll just disappear). Total honesty now will save me from a bigger mistake later. Tough as it may be now, it's only going to get tougher. I told him everything how hard I fell for him. How much there is for me emotionally in this story. How I didn't expect him to feel the same. How intimidated I was by jumping straight into sex with no real emotional attachment. I also expressed fear that if we did hook up that I would completely fall in love with him, which is almost certain to happen if we do. How much I loved him as a friend and love our relationship as friends that I said to him we have to do this right or not at all. It's not like that with everyone, I'm down with having a fuck buddy but ... not him. Not us. I would feel so cheated of a really strong connection.

He said "Ok. Best if we don't then. We're friends man. That's that."

:***:!!!!! Now I just lost my one for-sure opportunity to have sex with a guy I'm really attached to and really like, not to mention he'd be my first SO HOT. It was the right thing to do. But I just lost one of the things I was probably looking most forward to doing in my life right now, sad as that may be.

BUT WHAT THE HELL YOU'LL KISS MY ________ AND NOT MY MOUTH???? How does that even make a lick of sense ... I promise you my mouth is cleaner. That MFer said about not wanting to kiss "I guess that's the hetero in me" HAH! Where's the hetero in you when you're saying you want my em... essence all over your ummm... face? Your hetero is clearly gone in that scenario!

I'm sorry that was gross.

Someone enlighten me on what the flip this dude is thinking. I have this odd combination of liberation and dread happening. Half happy because I think I dodged a what could have been a really destructive turn of events for me, but half defeated because ... no more... him. It went from impossible to probable in a single night last year. It jumped down to highly improbable now in an equally rapid time. It's feckin with my head!

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Re: Crush wants me to bang him and be kinky with him...but he doesn't want to kiss me

I think he's genuinely sexually curious and maybe a little confused by it, that's probably what's throwing you for a loop. But it sounds like you want him in a way he's not willing to give himself to you, at least not right now so it sounds like the whole thing would turn into a mess. I think you avoided a really crazy situation and kudos to you for doing that.

3. photoguy93

Re: Crush wants me to bang him and be kinky with him...but he doesn't want to kiss me

I think it's a curiosity thing.

And honestly, I'm the same way (well, his position.)

If a guy actually did show any interest in me, and it was just sexual, I wouldn't kiss him.

I know it sounds really really weird, but it's like separating your love life. To me, as bizarre as this sounds, kissing is wayyyy more special than sex.

That being said, for whatever reason.........I still hold on to the kiss thing. I want it to be romantic. I want it to be special. I deserve that.

4. HalfInsane

First of all, you deserve some congrats for being honest and upfront. The outcome may not have been what you hoped for, but you did the right thing.

I don't quite get the kissing thing. Maybe he somehow in his mind views it as being more romantic and therefor it makes him uncomfortable?? I don't know. But that boy ain't 100% straight no matter what he's telling himself. Still, unless he can come to terms with that its best for you that you don't get involved.

And if its any consolation I went through something similar. I had a friend who I had a huge crush who solely wanted to mess around, insisted on being totally straight, and didn't want anyone to know. I wasn't willing to put myself through that, despite how tempted I was (read: a lot). And looking back I don't regret it.

#4 HalfInsane, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I think hes taking advantage of you. He is obviously very curious but he only seems to want a sexual relationship which doesnt sound entirely what you want from it. Up to you though bro :slight_smile:

6. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I remember when I first started realizing I was gay, the thought of kissing men grossed me out, despite entertaining myself with the thoughts of licking other things...

But as I realized more about my sexuality and accepted myself, the romantic side kicked in, and now I find kissing very hot and intimate.

He also could simply be homosexual but not homoromantic, I believe the term is, meaning he's only interested in the male body.

7. TroubledRyan

As he told you, he is sexually curious. If that is true, no good would come of you two fucking around. You emotions for him would increase, and he would not be able to reciprocate them back to you. As sad as it may be right now, it is best to avoid sex with him unless you can magically break your feelings for him- which probably will not happen any time soon.

The whole kissing scenario you brought up is a somewhat familiar one, and I think it is found more in people who are truly just sexually curious (don't take my word on that though). There is something about kissing/cuddling that is WAY more emotionally bonding then sex, or blow jobs, or any other 'dirty' things like those. Kissing and cuddling are way different from forms of sex. They make you feel really close to someone. Which would explain why he doesn't want to do that and you do.

8. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Hi,

Sounds like he is in denial over his sexuality to me.

I had a similar albeit different experience. We ended up in a very long relationship. It was obvious we loved each other deeply, but he was in a deep closet baricaded by denial.

Not kissing was his "if I don't kiss I am just goofing around and I am really straight" self assurance and denial of being gay. After two failed marriages he has accepted himself and is coming out of the closet and making signs to me that leaving me, and his denial of sexuality cost him many good years we could have shared together.

I am not saying you have the same thing here but it is a possibility.

If he is terrified of being gay but unconsciously knows he is you have to wait him out. Sure, having sex with him moves him towards self acceptance but it can drive you towards love he will deny.

Hey, even though my lover was in denial we both agree those were some of the best years of our lives.

You are only 21 and he is younger. Give you and him a break if both of you don't have yourselves and life fully understood yet.

You could have sex and then later ask him if not kissing was a last bastion of self denial that he was not gay when he may be.

Could be just immaturity, lack of confidence, mixed with fear, denial and keeping himself bottled up.

You were closeted once you know how that feels, now add denial and fear and you can see how you could be receiving mixed messages from him.

Banging his drum may help him on his journey to self acceptance but may frustrate you.

Stuck

9. lxlJDlxl

Seems to me that you are looking for love while he is looking for something else.

If somebody wants me for just my body while I am looking for love, it would be a big no no. No matter if that person is my crush or my first love.

Kissing for me is the most intimate thing a person could have done.

10. MichaelB

Kissing implies intimacy, and really, the last thing a closet guy is want to be intimate with a another guy, 'cause it just proves everything he's trying to deny. And that's what I think he's doing, to me it seems obvious that he's definitely not 100% straight and again, rather obviously uncomfortable about that.

I think you did the right thing though, but man you have so much more self restraint than me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Ianthe

Yeah, he's "not gay, anything but gay," and kissing would somehow be more gay. Because it would mean there was something real there.

"Curiosity," no. He's in denial and people in denial are kind of crazy: like they will say things that make no sense, just on their face. They will somehow "overlook" things that are obvious. They will actively do things that make it totally obvious that they are gay, and still somehow have NO IDEA AT ALL THAT THEY MIGHT BE GAY. One of the most common ways is to insist that their interest in the same sex is only sexual. They would never want a relationship with a same-sex person--that would be gay.

It's not YOU he's bullshitting, it's himself. If he makes it all over-the-top raunchiness, he can tell himself that it's just an impersonal sex thing--he doesn't have to face that he has actual feelings. Kissing implies some kind of romance or something, which is totally unacceptable, because, you know, he's straight.

If he's not even willing to admit to questioning his sexuality, after all that sexting, I think you should definitely steer clear. Because if you do something with him, he might completely freak out on you. Having sex with people who are not out to themselves can really be kind of hazardous. Occasionally, they even get violent. He might get mad at you, because, you know, it's somehow all your fault that you forced him to unwillingly have feelings about you that he can't control. (You are really just a stimulus for feelings that are really already a part of him, but he might not be able to see that because of the denial making him insane.)

What I recommend is that you leave an open invitation of friendship for if he is ever questioning his sexuality, if he needs someone to talk to about it. Because someday, he's going to have to confront his blatantly obvious issues around his sexuality. It seems likely to me that you are the closest person to him that he has ever known was gay. You might even be the only gay person he really knows personally.

But I just really don't recommend having sex with him as long as he won't admit he isn't straight. It almost always goes bad.

12. Phil

Phil Guest

You avoided a complicated situation. I think you did the right thing, he seems to be really curious (and confused). Things usually doesn't end well in cases like that because the feelings aren't reciprocated.

13. Beachboi92

You did the right thing to avoid a complicated situation. Stuff like this gets really messy really fast and often times a lot of feelings get hurt and shit hits the fan. You are likely just dealing with another closet guy in denial. Let him figure it out and come to terms with it and help him along if he needs it. Maybe once he has himself figured out things will work out for you the way you want. Until then it is better to be there for him then to have your relationship ruined from some complicated sexual situation. The not kissing thing isn't anything but him feeling like as long as he is not kissing you or talking like he is romantically and emotionally attached he can tell himself he isn't really gay or some shit like that.

14. Connor22

This story really sucks. not in a "it was badly told" or a "I don't care why am I here" sense but a proper it sucks that that happened to you :frowning2: sorry but I don't have any advice to offer but I do have this!

[​IMG]

Keep us posted!

15. themonkey319

I think most of you are pretty on point but I'll hit on a few things that I think.

First, I know it's a long post...but I somehow squeezed the almost 7-year history of our close friendship into 5 paragraphs. In doing so I don't think I adequately communicated how strong the connection was in high school. And not just sexually. We were so into each other. A day didn't pass where he wasn't at my house or I wasn't at his. And it was equal. We both treated each other the same way. Again it was stroooong.

The 4th paragraph that starts "Well I planned on staying there..." I could have written a post equally as long as the original JUST about that little chunk. I really skimmed over a lot of the connection we had built, the mini-depression that lasted almost a year after I left. Him getting to the point of grieving that I had moved so far away. He was crazy for me. I was crazy for him.

There also was a rumor going around that town last year (small town, word travels fast of things like this sadly) that he and one of the really gay boys down there had a couple month fling going on. Who knows if it's true or not but I will say it's not usual to just find yourself as the subject of a rumor like that by happenstance... but the rumor mill is very unpredictable. I heard it from his cousin. I've never asked him about it because I know he would vehemently deny it.

One last piece of additional background that may be necessary is that the small town we went to school together in (he still lives there) is a small very christian beach community. He's got a devout Christian family who already is really upset with him because he stopped going to church and got caught smoking weed at school HIS senior year. If you remember my description of him... good kid, very smart, very involved in school, really a model student so it was really hard on his fam that this stuff was happening. So I can understand his anxiety to stay in the closet at this point, if that's indeed the case.

16. themonkey319

Truth. I don't believe he is straight at all.

I agree with your fundamental point here but I don't think it's quite reflective of him to say he's taking advantage of me. A lot of the dirty texts were delivered with an attitude of "Anything you want to do to me I'm yours, I just want to please you, anything for you to do this with me (except kissing....:eusa_thin). I want you to take my virginity." Things like that. He was very much trying to connect with me and he was sensitive to what I was giving him back.

But you're right I see him more like a boyfriend and he sees me more like a fuck buddy.

Really really good point here. I forgot (until you reminded me) that I was the exact same way. At age 15 or 16 I knew I was gay but... the thought of kissing or dating or being cute with another man was so foreign and weird and alien. I didn't like it. I knew, once I got to my computer, what I was searching for though, so I was definitely into guys just...kissing them eww gross. I have obviously moved out of it now. I think the hottest thing ever is a real genuine romantic makeout session.

No I think you're right on the money. Who knows for sure but this is where my head is.

Even though this whole thing has happened, in my heart of hearts I really don't think this has reached any sort of finality. You're right we're both young'ns and he seems to still be immersed in the difficult part of the closeted adventure. So I will have my antennae on him still and be there for him 100% as support when he's ready to come out.

As for sexin him up to help get him out of the closet, no thanks. It may even work but ... I would really be putting a lot of myself on the line and if it didn't happen like I wanted it to ... oh man it could be potentially devastating.

While I do think he is sexually very curious, you're totally right. He is a closet case and is exhibiting all the behavior of a closet case. I agree that it wouldn't be fully descriptive to just say "he's curious" but he definitely is very curious. Good description of it I think.

This bold part is the only thing that's off here. He knows lots of gay guys. As a result of living in a podunk Christian town, generally the only gay guys who are out are the ones who couldn't hide it if they tried. Really flamboyant. He and I, both being in marching band (scuse the generalization), were always around many of these types and they were in our group of friends and around school. So no he does have other close gay friends.

I'd be surprised if he's got anything like this going on with any of em. I hadn't even considered it really. This mysterious dude....shoot god only knows. I know that's not what you were suggesting but it popped into my head as I was responding to your suggestion.

Thank you Connor! I literally saw this post and said "That sounds really daggum good" so I finished what I had left of my ice cream for breakfast. I attribute my delicious breakfast to you.

-------

Thanks for the input peeps :slight_smile:

17. Lewis

This is like the gay version of 50 shades. Haven't any advice, but that had to be said.

18. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people

Lewissss... 50 Shades of Gay lol

It may seems strange he does not want to put his mouth on your lips if he might put it elsewhere, but I can understand. Maybe he really is homosexual or at least bi and wants to explore without feeling like he's losing his heterosexual identity. Perhaps he is not but he is curious and just wants to mess around for the sake of messing around. Kissing, to me, is very intimate. It's tender and affectionate more than sexual for some people. A while ago, I was curious if I could really like men, so I messed around with one in the bar. I felt fine about myself until he kissed me. That made it seem like it was supposed to be more than just experimenting, and I felt gross because of it.

If you were with him, it would probably just be his experimentation. If you and the friendship can handle that, I guess whatever you want. Otherwise, I think it's good nothing happened.

19. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think most people, especially Ianthe, are spot-on here.

The way I see it: he seemed to be really attracted to you. It's not just a curiosity thing; he's not just wondering what it would be like to have sex with a guy. He's picked you.

If I was a betting person, I think because of how involved and intense his texts with you were, that he will come around. It may take a few weeks or even months.

He just needs to realise that the whole romantic thing can work.

If you were that close in high school, and his texts were that intense, I cannot imagine him being only interested in the sex deep down.

A lot of the time, people can't imagine themselves in a romantic situation with guys, and they convince themselves that they're only curious or not "homoromantic".

It just takes some time to come around.

I wouldn't write this off just yet.

20. themonkey319

:roflmao: