1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

far from home

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shadowsettler, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's this guy that I really like, but of course my luck is less than fair. I'm in the United States, he lives in the UK. It will probably be years before I ever meet him, but I really like him and I don't want to have my heart broken. I do want to be friends with him, of course, but I don't think I would handle it very well if he were to move on, understandably so.

What should I do??? It's driving me nuts, I feel like I should break myself over him and forget about it before it even happens and just forget about the possibility of having a real relationship with him all together: just be internet friends. It's breaking my heart.

#1 Shadowsettler, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. Let him know how you feel (is he gay?) and just try to keep communication between you and him active. Meeting him wouldn't be the easiest thing to do, and I think it's important for you to keep your options open, and not focus too much time about him. On the same note, understand that he needs to keep his options open, too.

3. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He is gay and he's here on EC. I don't have many options locally. I can't stand being a small-town homosexual, and everyone is a cheating pig or has some kind of disease. Sometimes it feels like 'god' doesn't want me to be happy as a gay person. My luck is just so horrible as far as love goes.

#3 Shadowsettler, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  4. Silvails52

Believe me, I understand. I'll be honest, I have a small crush on someone here on EC too... but he's really far away and taken right now. And I know the feeling of having terrible luck with love. But I agree with phospholipase. Tell him how you feel in a PM. At least to get it off your chest. I know how tough crushes can be to get over, if things don't work out. But we're here for you.

5. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg I'm in exactly the same position, except I'm in the UK and my crush is in the US. She seemed to have really strong feelings for me at first, but more recently has been more distant. Do you wanna swap places with me, ha :wink:

6. ForceAndVerve

Move to the UK! You get to be with him and quit the small town scene!

Seriously though, like phospholipase said, don't just cut it off because of the distance. Talk to him and find out what he wants as well and go from there.

7. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to make an attempt, I just hope that it works out.

8. Silvails52

Fingers crossed for you bud! Keep us posted!

9. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I would definitely talk to him and tell him how you feel before you decide to just cut it off. If you don't, you'll just be playing the "what if" game which isn't fun :/ best wishes!

10. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, he already knows but even he has doubts about it. It's not likely that we'll meet anytime soon. It's a real stretch...

11. I've recently found myself in the same boat as all of you. Just keep talking! The future always holds surprises. You never know what might happen.