1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask him out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Realguy, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Realguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Here's the story: There is a guy that I see at the campus food court and I am trying to figure out what's the best way to ask him out for coffee. He always eats alone, so the approach wouldn't be too difficult, but I guess I'm trying to find the least akward way to do it, since it is a college food court and there's tons of people around. I don't want to come off as akward or make him uncomfortable. I work at the food court so I was acutally thinking of when he comes in too eat, start wiping tables around him and leave a napkin with a message and my number. Is this childish and foolish? I'm new to the asking out guys thing and I know people will say start a conversation with him, but I don't want to make it uncomfortable. Any advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Akatosh

Hey Realguy, I'm in a similar situation with a guy in my class. I've never actually introduced myself to a crush, and have only met people online to talk with. It's intimidating, but a lot of the anxiety is played up in my head. I'm an introvert, which makes things harder. Tomorrow, I plan on sitting next to him and asking about homework/class, then introducing myself, and maybe the next class period I'll ask him if he wants to get some coffee after class. You don't have to ask him out right off the bat. My main motivator right now is not wanting to regret not talking to him. I don't have much more advice, and definitely not enough experience to give you bullet-proof advice. Introducing yourself will be a great way to start talking to him, and your attraction will show through your interaction with him. Good luck! Don't overthink it. Treat it like you're introducing yourself to a girl you'd like to be friends with, and I'm sure the butterflies will subside.

3. Rexmond

Is it possible you can catch him on your break? That would be a good oppurtunity to talk to him. Just go and sit next to him and say something like "hey, you're a regular here. What do you think of ..." Perhaps something could start from there. If not then, you could try something like "Hey, mind if I join you?" then improvise. Let us know how you do though!

4. ForceAndVerve

I guess the napkin trick could work. Personally I would just casual go up to his table and ask if you can sit down, then try to drum up a conversation from there. Get to know him, ask him about what classes hes doing etc. Make sure you bring something to eat yourself otherwise it will just look weird. Or maybe that's just me overthinking it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good luck! :icon_wink