1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That warm-fussy feeling

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Darkrai, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Darkrai

Darkrai Guest

There is this guy at work who I have liked for some time, and he has been really friendly in return to me. For example, we say good-bye to each other most nights that we work together.

Usually I would not think much about it. But people seem to speculate that he might not be straight. I have noticed it a little too, like his mannerisms. Plus he had all these questions for an "out-gay" that we work with. And then yesterday he asked me to remember him at the Muse concert, when they played "Starlight".

Idk, do you guys think I'm reading too much into everything?

I'm not sure, but I get a good feeling around him. And for the first time, in a long time, I feel that warm-fussy feeling. <3

2. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only one way to find out :wink:

3. Xochipilli

That's cute man! Seems like he's dropping hints. Aww go for it.

4. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say there's a good chance he's gay. What I would do right now is just get closer to him. Don't confront him and say "Are you gay?", at least not yet. Wait until you feel more comfortable around each other, and then maybe say you're (mostly) gay. Going first usually makes the person much more likely to admit it if they are. He seems like a nice guy, so I doubt he'll out you if you ask him not to tell anyone.

Maybe invite him to hang out sometime, play some video games or check out a concert or something. Basically, try to establish a more rounded relationship, outside of work. Things will kind of go their own way from there, you'll eventually get to the point where you can ask him if he's gay, and he can feel comfortable telling you.

5. Darkrai

Darkrai Guest

Thank you all, Somethingmore I want to go for it.

But I really like 4AllEternity's advice. I think I will do that. We are going to the gym together, "work out buddies". Hopefully we can hang out outside work and the gym, but for now I'll get to see him pretty often. I think if I care about him and me, I'm going to have to take this slow.