1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seriously - annoying parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ppreston9, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

parents are pretty annoying, they should start remembering their own adolescence instead of ruining mine.

2. Urman

Urman Guest

Re: seriously

I know how you feel

3. InaRut

This thread might actually be able to stay on track...
    What you need to realise in this point is that parents do what they do so you don't make the same mistakes that they make. Now this doesn't mean that everything your parents do is good. Hell no! My mom thinks that every man in this world is out to rape me. But if your mom isn't letting you party during a school night be thankful for that. Because school is ALOT more important then what you may think is important.

And from a sociological point because parents are remembering their adolesence and the certain restrictions applied during those ages, such as financial conflict, they are starting to spoil their children rotten. All for the reason that in their childhood they didn't have the money to get an xbox or whatever.

4. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

This is going to sound cliche, but when you are older you will understand...

5. Urman

Urman Guest

True to InaRut and MAbrtdFts *points at self is 18 turning 19*

6. InaRut

Everytime I get upset with my mom my brother always says, "Try and see it from her point of view."

So maybe think a lot less teenager and alot more human being. Haha. We'll all been there, where we've hated our parents over stupid stupid things. But just try and think about why they do these things (and it's not because they hate you), and parent's will seem alot more just.

7. Beebo

MY mom doesn't want me to have any gay friends because she is afraid I will end up not being able to become straight anymore... LMAO... but its kinda sad.. cause my parents have known for 3 years... you would think they would have accepted it.

anyways... what can I do to convince my mom im officially, unchangeably gay...??? should I bring a boy over and let her catch us making out LMAO... i'm not quite sure.. but what do you guys think?

8. Jim1454

So much for the thread staying on track...

To some extent it's age. To some extent, it's just being a parent.

You really have no idea how your life changes when you have kids. You're world tends to revolve around your children - perhaps more than it should. It is a huge responsibility to raise kids, and you are often judged - rightly or wrongly - based on how well your children 'turn out'. But more importantly, parents LOVE their kids SO MUCH that they don't want to see them suffer or make mistakes or struggle later in life.

So they may not always be right, but I believe that parents have their children's best interests at heart when they 'come down hard' on you or appear to be 'ruining your adolescence.'

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have deleted three off-topic posts, moved it to support and renamed it. Hopefully it'll stay on track now, because it's an interesting discussion. :thumbsup: