1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Kiss!!! need some advice about how to continue...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nate16, Jan 28, 2013.

1. nate16

So I’ve got to just put this out there. On Saturday night I got my first serious kiss :slight_smile:. Im in college and ended up going to a dance on Sat night. It was a 4 hour dance and for the majority of it I was just with friends etc and was having a ball. Just after the halfway point, a guy ran up to me whispered something quick in my ear and then ran away. I didn’t even see him fully. I thought little of it and continued. Soon after that I needed to take a breather and went to the hallway by the bathrooms and sat down with a friend etc. The guy walked by once, left, and came back two seconds later and stated quite proudly that he liked me and asked if I felt the same. He was a bit drunk lol. I didn’t lie and said I thought he was attractive. He then asked me to dance and I said I would be back out to dance in a few mins after I caught my breath.
    The rest of the night was a blur. After my friend yelled at me to get onto the dance floor immediately, I went out and found him. We danced for a lovely minute before he just moved in, nudged my face slightly and kissed me :slight_smile:. It wasn’t just a small peck on the lips. So…lets just say that we made out for the rest of the night on the dance floor with some breaks in between where we actually exchanged names, hobbies, interests, and eventually numbers. I was happy to conclude that he was extremely respectful. He said flat out several times he didn’t want to push my boundaries etc. The only thing I turned down was his offer of going elsewhere to make out. I felt safe where I was(my college is very liberal), and was surrounded with loving friends. I was quickly transported to cloud nine. I didn’t want things to go to fast. For one, he was drunk, and two, I wanted to go slow. We eventually did find a short time to be alone and kiss, though it wasn’t overly intense. It was pleasant.
    Now 24 hours later, I’m trying to sort it all out. I liked kissing him…a lot. He’s nice, and pretty darn attractive. We’ve agreed in our mutual interest to meet up and chat again. I’m guessing kissing would be included lol. Anyway I’m feeling confused now. I think this guy definitely wants to pursue things and wants to see where things will lead. I want to but I’m nervous. For one, I think part of it is a couple of my insecurities getting in the way. For another part, I’m trying to come to terms with a crush that I’ve forced myself to push to the back burner. The crush is nice but I’m not sure where the heck he stands. He identifies as bi, and as far as I can tell and from what I’ve heard, he’s still coming to terms with his sexuality. He still checks me out. As you can see I’m just all over the place and confused. I’ve still got some strong feelings for this crush, and I’m trying to figure where on earth I lie with Mr. First Kiss. Part of me feels that my body and mind are at war with my attraction towards him. (mr first kiss) I’m not sure if I’m attracted to him or if just infatuated from what happened the other night. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I’m excited but confused. Thank you!

2. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's early days. Meet with him again, preferably when you're both sober lol, and see how you feel about him. If your crush is just simply a crush with no commitment etc, you're not doing any harm by exploring. :slight_smile:

3. nate16

Also, I forgot to add this but my close friend actually took a pic of us kissing. At first I was kind of like wtf, but after mulling it over for an hour or so, especially when she explained that she would never post it anywhere(there's a strong level of trust between us.), I actually realized she gave me a gift of sorts. Her gift was a captured moment of my life and most importantly of my first kiss. Im definitely saving it and keeping it close to my heart. Even if nothing happens with this guy or if it does but it crashes and burns, he will always remain my incredible first kiss. I'm happy that I gave it to him. I couldnt have asked for a more respectful and better person to kiss.

4. PeteNJ

Could it be any better?!? :eusa_danc

Sounds like a great guy who's very attracted to you.

Meet him someplace you feel safe, get to know him better.

Nervous = good. It means you're both excited and cautious.

5. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Woo hoo!! :eusa_clap Very nice!
    It sounds to me like this guy is into you and I say go for it!
    The pic thing is super sweet!! So romantic >.<
    Happy for you!