1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im going crazy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ems, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ems

ems

Ok so I hope is makes sence to everyone . I know I'm gay and have come out to my friends only .the problen is I'm stuck in a straight environment with Everything straight. In it and is doing my head in , all this straight stuff is sending me round the bend and making me question my self which is stupid . I dont know what to do before I go crazy . I suppose this Is a rant more than anything but if u have anything to say I will be greatful

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know Essex from Mars, but even if it's all straight, you're not chained there. You may not be able to up and move away right now, but it can always be a goal for later if there's no "gay outlet" there. A couple decades ago, I was stuck in a small town in the middle of nowhere for two years. It wasn't ideal, but that's where my job was, and I knew I just had to stick with it until I could get a better job in a larger city. Which is pretty much what happened. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

If you feel like you know deep down that you are gay, then listen to your heart. I know it's hard to doubt yourself, but try not to. Everything around me is "straight" too, but I know I'm gay and I'm slowly coming out and accepting it. Accept yourself for the wonderful person you are! Best wishes.

4. ems

ems

I do want to move out and be with friends eventually the trouble is I've got no job and I don't think that's gonna change soon some how.

---------- Post added 28th Jan 2013 at 09:50 PM ----------

It's just hard not too doubt ur self in this situation . It just sending me crazy at the moment as soon as I can get out I will. It's just a matter of when I can and I don't think its gonna be anytime soon .I've got to find a way off dealing with it in till then

5. doglover15

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's ok. Take a deep breathe. Time heals.

6. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are people in your same situation in the same area as you, find them. A little bit of positive thinking can go a long way. If you tell yourself you won't find a job then when you look for one you might miss the perfect one because you've put those little blinkers on that say you won't find anything right now... Trust yourself, and allow yourself to live. Your situation right now might not be the best but if that is the case then start working towards bettering it. Getting a job, looking for the small gay community around you. And if your gay community is THAT suppressed then start one... thats how they begin in the first place =]

7. Furmanuel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can relate to you so much. But the question is difficult - and hey, that question is answered once it's answered.
    If you're in a homophobic environment, create your own little bubble. Think to yourself "WHY THE HELL SHOULD I LET MY PEERS DECIDE MY SEXUAL ORIENTATION!?!?!?" If you're gay, be proud of it! Who cares if no one else knows - be sure of YOURSELF. If you can admit to yourself "I'm gay, no one will change me" then the sooner you will be rid of this "tearing me apart" situation.
    Hey, I went through the same thing, but I've come through gay, proud, and strong.

Good luck, my friend.

-E.F.

8. ems

ems

Thanks u to u all and the advice . Deep breath is good. A job will come along eventually I know , its just frustrating. I just wish I lived somewhere with more gays but thats life. Furmanuel, Thats what I need to do , u relate to me a lot.