1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it really a crush if you plan to have it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Parsley, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm trying to figure some things out and put together my past love life, or lack there of, into something that makes sense. I'd really appreciate your help.

Is it a real crush if you decide to have it? What I mean is, if you meet someone and think "oh he's interesting, and not bad looking. I should have a crush on him." And then in the following weeks proceed to have the butterflies feeling, and that whole getting flustered thing. Is that a real crush?

I'm very confused here. I don't feel like I know how I feel. :icon_sad:

2. doglover15

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you need to think about it that much, then it's not a real crush. I mean maybe it is, your the only one who really knows, but i can tell you its not going anywhere. You cant plan love, it just kind of finds you. I don't know if you've ever been in love before, but i have and its with the person who i least expected it to happen with. You just have to let go and see where it takes you. Don't worry man, becuase when love does come around for you, you'll find that you dont say, "I should fall in love with him," you just will.

3. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope, never been in love. That much I know.

My problem is those are the only kind of crushes I've ever had on guys. So I guess what you're saying is that I haven't had any at all. D'oh!

4. PurpleCrab

...or maybe you're just the type of person to over-think everything?

I can see advantages with that ability of yours to "choose" your crushes. For one, you won't fall for the ones-who-are-obviously-the-worst-choice-ever-for-you! You can think ahead about what type of person you'd like to form a relationship with and then proceed to try and see if it clicks.

If it really was fake, you wouldn't be able to achieve the crush at all with the butterflies and all. Maybe sometimes it'll do that; you'll want to crush on somebody but it won't work. That's going to prove to you that your feelings are real!

5. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure you can force the butterflies feeling. I think if you really have that, then it's the real deal :slight_smile:

6. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you say to yourself that you should have a crush on them... then chances are you already have one on them...