1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to have a deep convo with one of my friends but i only want to do it drunk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Jan 28, 2013.

1. sunnii

Ok I've been drinking tonight (I work weekends and other irregular hours so don't judge me drinking on a Monday) and I need a friend to talk to. I've been wanting to have a legit borderline life story, serious chat with someone but when I try to I just play the pass a slight comment that suggests I'm unhappy but pass a its nothing really thing.

I'm not gong to bother them it's 3 11 in the uk their in their bed but I hate how I rely on Dutch courage

2. Akatosh

Sunii, I understand the power of liquid courage, but you would feel much more reward if you talk to your friends with a clear head. The problem with alcohol, is it plays tricks with your brain chemistry. So, if you end up "coming out" to your friends while drunk, you will wake up thinking "daaafuq did I just do?". You will have serious feelings of regret, an unclear remembrance of the conversation, and the connection you're looking to hold on to will be lost in the fog of last night. If you want to have the conversation, then set it up through a text message. Say that you want to talk about something important about yourself in person the next time you see them. That way, you trick yourself into coming out in person. I did this with a couple of my friends, and we had a great conversation that I can remember and hold on to for the rest of my life. AND, I had myself to thank, not alcohol. Don't rely on that crap to solve your problems. It really only causes more problems. mo drank, mo problems

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree completely with Andmow. "deep conversation" and "drunk" don't go together. If it's a deep conversation worth having, it's worth having sober.

4. sunnii

My friends know I'm gay and I have talked to them about it. It's just when I'm sober even when I want to talk about it I never know how to put it to words. I'm like I feel shit but I don't know why.

I have one friend from work I can tell anything and I want to tell her about my crush on our mutual friend but I never find a right time to tell her at work and outside work she's busy with her family and when I text her more often than not she'll take a long time to reply.

When I'm drunk I seem to now what to say but I know I'm drunk so I don't want to bother them with me being drunk especially when I don't exactly have a clear head. I can go to bed drunk and be like "this is what im going to say" and when I wake up the next day I'm back to vagueness and confused.