1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple questions regarding tell your roomate you are gay.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thewitt, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry for the long read. Just skip tot he last couple lines to save time. :slight_smile:

Okay, here I go. I have been out for just over two years. I been a my college for a little over a year and I am generally out. Well we are just about two thirds of the way through the new school year. I live in student housing and have five male roomates. We live in like a four bedroom apartment so it is not as bad as it sound. As to be expected I am the only gay person in our dorm. I am really close to one of my roomates and his girlfriend. Like I feel like we are on our way to be really good friends. Before it is even asked he is attractive but I am not attracted to him. He is just a friend and I love his girlfriend shes awesome.

Alright I am getting sidetracked. My roomate as previously mentioned knows I am gay. His girlfriend asked me and I confirmed it and she told him. The issue is my other roomate just dosen't realize I am gay as well as a few new friends I have made. I am the type of person that usually holds my guard up until I really get to know you. Also I am not going to tell you I am gay unless you ask. Usually I don't have to because most people pick up on it. So I usually don't bother telling that I am gay.

I might be sidetracked again. Sorry! Anyways one of my roomates last night just dosen't get it! HE insinuated that I have relations with several girls that are JUST my friends. Somehow I always end up being friends with goodlooking women. Hope it dosen't sound bad. I thought it was previously establish that he knew I was gay. His friend outright asked me infront of him. I said yes. He just dosent believe I am gay and I do not know how to make he realize I am gay. I say jokes and little thing here and there to make him put it together but its seems to be in one ear and out the other.

I have this issue with a few friends and I just dont know how to make the understand I am gay.

P.S Please dont be confused I am a very proud gay man but they just cant see it for some reason.

Sorry for the long read but Thanks for reading.

2. SomeNights

Don't sweat it!!! My room mate doesn't know I'm gay and I'm done with college in a few months. It's not that big of a deal if they don't believe you

Let me recap and put this as blunt as I can make it:

Unless you plan on hooking up, making out or :***: one of your roommates, what is it their business?

3. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wouldn't worry about it either.

It's funny how you say that one thinks that you have several 'girlfriends'. I've always had that happen to me.

My mom always used to tell me that a man and a woman can't be friends without being sexually involved....if she only knew. :/

4. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol I feel like its not their buisness but at the same time I gets old with them saying im fucking my friends. Especially when Ive been friends with them for a long time.