1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian=Girly=Straight?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoiGeorge, Jan 29, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Wow im confused! Ive gone a lot more girly than i used to. Ive realized im not trans and i have been dressing quite girly and pretty recently. But with this new image ive found that boys have been hitting on me and checking me out - and i sort of like it! And instead of the girls being attracted to me like they used to when i was more butch, now theyre looking at me as competition! Its weird!! So whats going on here?! Why do i like getting male attention now and feel threatened by other girls?! Anyone??

2. TheUglyBarnacle

I can't relate but I've heard that many lesbians try to be butch for various reasons (such as being more easily recognised as lesbian or feeling like it fits better with "the image of a lesbian") and then end up femme/andro/etc. It's gotta do with what you like wearing, I can see no harm in being more girly than you used to.

As for your liking the attention, well, who doesn't like a compliment? XP But there's the chance that you're bi, I guess, especially since you say "Mostly Lesbian". It all boils down to what label you feel describes you better, imo. You shouldn't ignore possible feelings for a guy because you prefer girls. And you shouldn't rule out a girl that you like if you find out that you prefer guys. Go with what feels right. Human sexuality is pretty fucking complicated.

3. everyone likes getting attention. even if its from the gender you dont like. guys look at me and im flattered but they just arent for me. it doesnt mean to say i hate them for doing it i dont, everyone likes attention.

i went through a butch stage when i was around 15 and girls hit on me more than guys cuz it was obv that i was gay. but being that way wasnt for me and i went back to being more femme. i feel like every girl is my competition as i dont look gay lol, i hate it but i have to accept it.

ive been there though. most people probably have. everyone wants to be found attractive. nowt wrong with what youre feeling.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also very flattered when guys hit on me, but I'm thinking "Dude, you're not my type!" I don't mind the compliments, but hearing it from men makes me feel so awkward. I appear straight as well, so women never hit on me. I actually get dirty looks from women, because of course they think I'm competition. I'm not in the position to label you, do whatever feels right to you. Embrace your feelings! :slight_smile: