1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i feel stupid :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay so i get to graduate early and well i feel stupid because my GPA is 1.550 and i had mostly D's my sophomore year and now last semester i got a D in geometry and U.S history and i'm not going to a 4 year college , im going to a community college but still...i feel down right stupid because of my GPA , some of my friend gets to graduate early too but have a higher GPA then mine so they are going off to college and have bright futures while i don't have my licenses yet , i don't have a job. im going to try to get one this summer but i have to get my anxiety under control because i tend to have panic attacks when im do a presentation , interview in a closed room , one on one....and it freaks me out.

i hsve 19 credits and i only need 24 to graduate so next year in the first semester....all i have to take is english 4 , psychology and AFM (advance functions and models)
    i did try ...please dont judge ...i did....i have tried....i did all my homework and geometry , i just failed the tests and same in U.S history but i failed the tests....

i feel so stupid....im going to be stuck at a community college living with my dad and having a minimum wage job...

god....i feel like a low life and feel like i'll never get a real job.

2. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll be fine, though you said some of your friends will be graduating early, i've had other friends in america who have been in the same situation. it was difficult for them but their fine now. I have problems with anxiety and panic attacks that sometimes make me bad for days.
    sometimes it pays to just sit down with a cup of tea (or a favorite drink) and take some deep breaths. i almost didnt get into college because i failed all but one of my sciences and all of my maths

3. MerBear

i will be graduating early as well but i still have a low GPA

4. Kay

Kay Guest

Honey, You aren't stupid. Oh well you have a 1.550 grade point average. What matters is that you do the things you need to do to arrive at that bright future anyway. There is nothing wrong with a community college. You just need to focus on the what is ahead. Look toward the bright side. Is there a career you would like to have?
    There is nothing to be done about feelings we all have them. The question is do you think you are stupid? I certainly don't think so. I see you as a girl with a lot of potential that you have yet to tap. Hang in there and don't get so down on yourself.
    These feelings will give you the drive and energy to accomplish much. Hugs

5. MerBear

People aren't going to hire me....if i went to a community college....and with my GPA , i definitely wont get into any 4 year college

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just so you know, employers don't care about GPA. They hardly even care about degrees in some cases. They care about RESULTS. What can you do for them? They like hearing about community service, special awards, and in creative industries, they want to see examples of your work. The degree is more for your own betterment as a person than as an employment force multiplier.

Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with community college. The one I go to has since changed their name to "State College" because they offer bachelor's degrees, but it's still basically a community college, and it's helped me out tons. Once you get an associate's degree there, any 4-year university automatically accepts you, if I remember correctly. You're still fairly young, so as long as you keep pushing, you'll be fine. Oh, and ask for help if you can't get something. Sincerely wanting to know things really is half the battle of learning.

#6 Argentwing, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  7. Kay

Kay Guest

Don't get so down on yourself. You will get a job and you will do fine in a community college. A four year college is nice but is no guarantee of a bright future. What creates a bright future is a girl/woman who looks ahead and grabs hold of life and just does it. I know a writer who followed her dream in her youth. She was not great in school but she had a dream of becoming an author. She is pretty much self taught as she let school at 17 with no high school diploma. She just finished her twelfth book. (!) So it can be done. It is the drive and determination that makes the future. You can do it sweetie

8. MerBear

it doesn't matter. i went to tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays in every math class...i have been in and im a junior....about to be 17 but yes i am still young but next year i need to get serious but even that i still will fail the tests

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 12:41 PM ----------

my dad says im not going to get a good future with the GPA i have

9. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Oh my goodness...don't be so hard on yourself, hun! Here... (*hug*) just take it easy and know that you tried your best!! That's what counts. And hey...if you're passing and you're still able to be graduating early, then you're fine! :slight_smile: look at the bright side! High school isn't much fun and it's just a tough time in life. You'll be happy to be out of there and start something new! I graduated early and went to community college too! Nothing wrong with it :slight_smile:

10. MerBear

yeah and thank you for the hug! :slight_smile: but my dad always gets on me how i never try and how i will never get a job or this or that and it upsets me

11. LostStar0223

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    whatever happens, i believe you can do it and wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

12. MerBear

THANK YOU caps.

13. Kay

Kay Guest

Your dad may not be spot on, on this one. I never had an employer ask my GPA. What they are looking for is a person that can do a job and do it well. Yes you need to focus now and work hard.
    You can get into a community college and find your career. What career would you like honey?

14. MerBear

something in criminal and justice

15. Mogget

Once you've done two years at a community college, which is standard, 4-year schools won't care about your high school transcripts. I work for my college's admissions office and we never look at high school transcripts when considering transfer students. If you earn good grades at your community college and, more importantly, get good letters of recommendation from a few professors, you'll be fine.

While we're on the subject, get to know your profs if you can. Building a relationship with your professors makes it much easier for them to hook you up with cool opportunities.

16. MerBear

thanks

17. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Don't stress over gpas. Honestly, they are not going to mean anything in the real world. There are a lot of different types of smart. Your gpa really only reflects how book smart you are in the traditional sense of the word. Many brilliant people practically flunked out of school because they didn't fit the traditional idea of intelligence. As far as not understanding math, you may just have gotten help from people who don't know how to explain it in a way that makes sense to you. I used to tutor when I was in high school and many people don't realize that the explanation that works for one person won't work for another. Anyhow, don't give up hope. I'm sure you aren't stupid and the fact that you care about this kind of stuff shows that you want to succeed and are willing to work to do that. So the situation isn't hopeless. Work hard when you get to community college, don't be afraid to ask for help and never be ashamed that you don't understand something. Remember that everyone's brains work differently so keep you're head up and you'll be fine.

18. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't beat yourself up over your GPA...you've had a LOT to deal with the last few years. Losing your mom makes things especially difficult...that takes years to deal with. Add the issue of trying to figure out your sexuality and the whole business with Scarlett....well...you get my point.

Just try your best and don't worry about your dad...as long as you know you're doing your best. (*hug*)

19. Kay

Kay Guest

You take courses in the necessary classes at the community college. Then proceed with the career. It can be a very good job and rewarding.

20. MerBear

yeah. thank you :slight_smile:

i mean...im getting my ass kicked this year and my dad already thinks im going to fail chemistry and English 3....how wonderful