1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effects of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mariebmcd, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mariebmcd

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread but I didn't want it to get lost in 'Health and Wellness'. My friend who I have been spending quite a bit of time with lately recently introduced me to marijuana. I know, I know, I am 25 and up until recently had never smoked anything other than an occasional cigarette when tipsy.

Last night this friend of mine, who I also have a crush on at this point invited me over and we smoked two bowls together. Since I am new to smoking, I've only ever had a few hits before amongst a group of people. It was by far the most high I have ever been.

I'm trying to make sense of the euphoric state of mind that I was in. I'm curious if I was only a little bit high or very high. Seems hard to quantify... Everything I can find online presents the effects of marijuana in such a scientific manner. I'd like to hear from people who have actually been high how they would describe their experience (especially being a little high compared to completely blazed).

The reason why I am asking is because I'm not sure if I am further misinterpreting the interactions I have with this girl I have been crushing on. It's really hard to make sense of our evening last night. I'm questioning if the moments we had together were real or if my reality is completely skewed because of my altered state. Perhaps someone can help me make sense of this...

2. Bree

You remember pretty accurately what happened. You may have been a bit overly affectionate, however. It can lower your inhibitions somewhat. DON'T trust any sexual interactions that occurred while under the influence of ANYTHING as real. Lots of people will act more sexually and respond to people that they don't actually find attractive. They're having fun, but it probably doesn't mean anything.

A little bit high is when you feel a bit different than normal--maybe a bit more relaxed, but I tend to almost feel a bit more excited. A lot high is when you're lying on the floor grinning at the ceiling, incapable of following the conversation of the people around you. (my first time)

3. mariebmcd

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the response Bree... Nothing sexual happened. Seems to be a bit of a trend with us which I actually appreciate for the time being. I'm 'questioning' so I prefer to navigate this odd relationship which caution.

Besides just saying 'in capable of following the conversation' how would you describe being high? What is the feeling in your own words?

4. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see.. when I'm high I feel completely relaxed. To the point where I feel like I couldn't move my body even if I wanted to, which at that moment doesn't bother me at all. I also don't notice anything of my surroundings.. who are there, what the furniture looks like, smell, touch.. it's all numb. It's like I'm not there, but instead I'm in my own world (a damn good feeling lol). Consequently, even if I might answer people when they talk to me, I'm not really paying attention, so any conversations go on auto pilot; I answer, but I'm not thinking about what I'm actually saying.

The next day, mostly I don't have a clue what the conversations were about, or if I think I remember, it turns out I said different things than I thought I said. Also, it almost always turns out I behaved in a different way than I thought I did. And last but not least, when I remember having felt a certain way when I was high, it often turns out the next day that those feelings I had didn't make any sense at that time.

That all being said, it's definitely possible that you're misinterpreting the interactions you guys had. I would never rely on your memory if you've been high. Not because it alters your memory, but for the simple fact that in the moment itself when you were high, you probably already misinterpreted a lot of things.

#4 justinf, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. Thehat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to smoke everyday for years before I joined the military. Biggest problem I had with it looking back is it made me lazy and content with a shitty life. As for your situation, smoking weed just naturally brings people together.

Different types of weed give you different highs also, it may be a head high where your head feels like a balloon or it could be a body high or tiny bit of both. It also depends on the quality but in general, when your blazed.. You just feel content, everything in life takes on a different shade and you just look at everything in a new light.

I wouldn't pay any attention to any come one or anything like that though. They were most likely just high and was saying fuck it.

6. Divopix

I read the title and thought "Oh shit, do I need to bring out "The Union" video" but I think if you can clearly remember what happened, it most likely did. I've never experienced forgetfulness after smoking but most times if you think "Did that really happen?" it probably did.

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    lol.

hmm. l have heard A LOT of people say they didn't even get high the first time they did it.

For me, l was stoned like a lunatic, l couldn't stand up. l was laughing that hard.

Just the once, there on out it always made me pretty high but more in an anxious way, which is why l never loved it.

8. always true

It makes me giggle. I smelt a candle and laughed for like 5 minutes. Haha

9. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm... effects of mary jane. Usually it makes me want to clean, or write, or dance, or watch youtube videos. Its a social thing. It can, sometimes has, make me horny too... one of the first times my ex and I knew we like each other was after we had flirted while being high together... :slight_smile:

10. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't get any of the enjoyable effects, ugh! Only the first time couldn't stop laughing but that was only the tiniest amount, didn't feel any different otherwise. Every other time I've always hoped to feel good but just felt paranoid, completely incapable of following conversation and sometimes dizzy/sick. Don't think I'll be trying it again, lol.

11. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Pretty much this.

12. Sky Fall

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For. Me, it messes up my perception of time and space. I can be thinking about something standing in the kitchen, when ill realize that I'm just standing in the kitchen. "How long have I been standing here?" "Bananas!!" It can make a minute feel like an hour and an hour feel like a minute. You can look at a button on your shirt for 5 seconds and in your head you feel like you've seen the whole life of that button. My side vision also becomes clear and I can see things around me better without looking at them directly, which causes me to feel like I'm in an IMAX theatre.

Then there are the body twitches. They're usually a good indicate of my highness. When I start to get a little high ill twitch every once in a while, but when I'm stoned out of my mind, I'm usually on the carpet almost seizing looking up at the ceiling or with my eyes closed.

Sounds sound different. It's almost like everything is clearer. You hear things that you usually just ignore when sober, like lights. Dubstep is almost orgasmic. Especially if you're twitching.

Memory. Your memory basically goes to shit. You can be doing something and think, "how the hell did I get here?" Or you could be telling a story, then completely forget it half way through.

Some get hungry. I usually don't.

It really is a great experience but can be dangerous if done irresponsibly. Do not drive. Don't even think about it.

13. Jim

Jim

I've never been high. I've smoked weed quite a few times, but I just seem to be immune...

14. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Are you sure you're smoking properly? A lot of people don't actually inhale and think they're smoking properly, then just assume weed doesn't work for them.

You have to 'suck' the smoke out then breathe in like you normally would. With weed you have to hold it in your lungs for longer, it enables the weed to get absorbed more, the longer you hold it, the more that will get absorbed. I think it was something like 100% is absorbed after 10 seconds, but I tend to just hold it for about 5 or so, works fine for me anyway.

Also, forgive me admins if what I just said is against a forum rule. I assume that I'm just saying how to do it, not how to acquire it so it would be OK. If it's not though then feel free to delete this post.

All the best.

#14 Zaio, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013