1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on Dyed Hair's Attractiveness

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KTWK, Jan 29, 2013.

1. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm getting my hair bleached and toned to white. Pure, snow white. It goes well on me because my hair is thick, light, and feathery with really nice bangs, and I have pale skin with light blue or light green eyes depending on my contacts. ANYWAYS the point of all that is that, if pulled off well (we've all seen those terrible dye jobs), is unnatural hair colors such as blue, red, white, purple, etc. significantly attractive or unattractive to you?

I only ask this because I find unnatural colors very unattractive, but that is because I'm interested in larger, masculine men, whereas I'm small, thin, and somewhat effeminate, more of the submissive role, and I know that roles and masculinity (and lack thereof) have different looks associated with them.

#1 KTWK, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. Gen

Gen

I think a white would probably go very well with your description, if done right.

For me................... Thats hard to consider, because the vast majority of people who I have known to dye their hair with unnatural colors have gone for genetric pinks and neon greens lol. But I would imagine if it was done well on someone who could pull it off, I could find it attractive.

However, I dont know that I would rather him to have it for long periods of time.

3. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you!
    I do agree that unnatural colors are not a very good long term hair color, which is why I'm only using semi-permanent.

I don't plan to keep it forever and will return to a natural color after a while, I just don't want to reduce my chances of finding someone while I do this. I imagine it likely isn't as big of a deal for most people as it is for me, though. I tend to put a lot more focus into the face and hair than most people do.

4. Mogget

I like dyed hair.

5. Gen

Gen

Oh, yeah. I think you're in the clear. If a guy cant handle a simple hair change, he is going to have a rough time when you start getting old. I dont think you are jeopardizing any chances. And even if you were, pardon me, but Fuck It. No one is always going to be the epitome of attraction, and life is far too short to waste time trying to be. Its important to love yourself when you look amazing, and when you look like shit. (Not that you will, but you get the point. ^-^)

6. Divopix

I think it would look cute :slight_smile: It's not really my kind of thing though, but I still think it's a great idea!

7. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I find dyed hair VERY, very attractive myself. But keep in mind, this is usually on women (like this lady), who usually have longer hair. Personally I would love to date somene with dyed hair, it wouldn't hinder me at all. There's a certain brave quality to it that I like. Then again, I don't know much about dyed hair on men, and I haven't seen it too often around here. And of course I'm not a guy, so I'm not sure how other guys would see it.

But the way you described yourself and the color you want sounds pretty sweet! I'd try it out, and see how it turns out. You might be pleasantly surprised. :slight_smile:

8. FemCasanova

I used to dye my hair black, and before that it was bright red.

Nowadays, I dye my hair black/cherry-red, which is a dark red, almost black, but with shades of red in. It brings out the green in my eyes, and make me less of a winter, more an autumn (I am a winter/autumn hybrid, meaning it changes with what I wear and my hair-color). I prefer being a nice mix, and the black with a little red in it does the trick.

I find dyed hair attractive, as long as it is not in neon colors, or too bright. It`s cool and all, but it is a little too far into the punk thing for me. That said, if I met a cute geeky chick who wanted to dye her hair neon green, I probably could get used to it without problems. One thing I absolutely cannot take, is when people dye the most of their hair white, but the lower parts black. The black/white hair combination is something I really don`t like much, not in clothes either. It was very popular back when I was 18, that girls would do that. My friend back then considered it. I didn`t say anything, because whatever floats your boat, even in that department. Besides, there are probably people out there who`d hate my hair-color too, which I am fine with :slight_smile:

9. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    With clothes, I don't mind so much, but yeah... I have to agree with what you said about the black/white hair combination. Blaaaah. I like any other dyed hair colors, including some neon colors too, but white hair with black color on the bottom or any other combination has always bothered me. Maybe because I've seen it so much, it just seems like the most typical colors to dye your hair in. To me, if you're going to add color to your hair, add actual color! Dark pink, dark blue, light blue, light red, anything! I don't know. Just me, though.

10. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your hair color sounds awesome! I know exactly the look you're describing. I also dislike that black/white combo in hair. I don't think the contrast looks good at all, and it's hard as hell to do (well). I'm going for an all white color, from root to tip.

11. isobella

White?! You've got the entire second half of your life to have white hair. Enjoy the pigmentation!

12. ezkill

In general I personally don't find dyed hair attractive on other guys. It has never explicitly turned me off. In any case, screw what other people think about you dying your hair -- do it if it makes you happy. Doing things that make you feel good is attractive!

13. curlycats

i love dyed hair, whether natural or unnatural colors, when it is done well.

i've actually always wanted white hair thanks to Storm from the X-Men..... for some reason white hair contrasted with a dark skin complexion has always struck me as being especially hot. :slight_smile:

if only i were that brave, though... so far i've only dared to have blue streaks in my hair. :bang:

the look that you've described sounds like it would work really well, too. :slight_smile:

14. FemCasanova

15. mothcaterpillar

I havent seen a guy with white hair but usually it comes with orange spray tan with women (EWW!)
    I like dyed hair mine is black n I used to have some blue in it n purple before that (mainly because the dye refused to be blue)

16. Deaf Not Blind

you know some are born that way...many Deaf have black hair and big white bit of hair too.

17. HP7465213

I usually hate extremely unnatural colors in hair, like bright pinks and blues, but I have seen a few people with shock white hair, and I liked it. It wasn't that unnatural looking, and, like you, they had pretty fair complexions.

18. Tiny Catastrophe

Just be careful with the bleaching. I have the underside of my hair bleached and he left it a little too long trying to get it to not look orange (I have naturally dark brown hair and for some reason it's hard to dye or strip my hair) and some of my hair became like wet spaghetti and started falling out a little do just be careful not to over bleach it.

19. Jim

Jim

I love dyed hair, I think it's gorgeous, unless the colour doesn't suit you. Like when girls wear orange fake tan and bleach blonde hair- ew. And I have naturally quite tanned skin (due to being half Turkish) so I'd look AWFUL with light coloured hair, but colours like blue, purple, green etc can more or less suit anyone I think, and it looks super cool :slight_smile:

20. prism

Anime aside, I have never seen white hair pulled off. I've seen several people with that exact description, + great bone structure, etc, and while it may not have looked terrible, they would have looked immensely better with a more natural hair color.

Plus, I immediately just think of old people with white/grey hair. 0;