1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Pass?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkprincess, Jan 30, 2013.

1. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  2. Constantinople

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If I saw you in the street I'd think you were a girl. When I look closer (and probably because you've told us your mtf) then only a tiny bit do I begin to question - you're on the right track though. Maybe just a little less make-up, only to look more natural idk. Nice hair!

3. -Michael-

Yeah, I'd say yes at a glance.
    But I think I would double take and end up working it out in public.
    But you either need more make-up elsewhere, like foundation and whatever.
    Or less eye make-up and less cool-aid lips haha.

Have you youtubed like make-up tips?
    I'm not saying you need it, just that if you're going to apply make-up
    best to know what looks best.

I imagine there'll be a LOT of trans make-up tips too.

4. curlycats

is it just me, or do you look really sad in that photo....? as if the little smile that is there is forced. :frowning2:

i think you look beautiful and i really like the unibang. :wink: i think that you are very close to passing, but there is still something there in your face that leaves room for questioning.

i don't know the first thing about makeup as i've never worn it in my life, but i think that a more subtle colored lipstick would be much more flattering on you. but again, i really don't know makeup, so...

either way, you look lovely. :slight_smile:

5. FemCasanova

Yeah, if I didn`t study you up close, you could pass :slight_smile:

I really would not use that lipstick though, lol. They use it all the time in TV shows like Vampire Diaries, and it`s never a good color on any woman, in my opinion. Those make-up artists should be forced to pay a fine, for making women think that shade is nice. And there we`re talking supposedly professional make-up artists, grrr...

You look like a bit more of a winter person, so I would go for plum, or a more purplish color. As for the eyes, you have really pretty eyes! I wouldn`t use so much black eye-shadow, because often our eyes can drown in it. Your eyes are far too pretty to drown in an ocean of black.

Ask around in a make-up store, for something that fits your skin. Try the more natural look. I use a lot of make-up, but in a natural way which fits my skin tone and eye color. I am a winter/autumn hybrid, so I like natural brown colors, with a bit of a cold purple shade in, rather than the warm more orangy types. You can google search for good techniques to apply eye make-up. It`s almost a hobby of mine, I love eye make-up, lol!

You are really pretty, you shouldn`t feel like you have to "hide" by putting on a lot of make-up and stuff. Now, it might be that you simply love this look, which I see a lot of girls do. But it would help you pass even better (*hug*) though you pass quite nicely as it is.

:slight_smile:

6. curlycats

^ i had written pretty much the same thing but then i deleted it because i questioned my lack of makeup.... everything. :eusa_doh:

so yeah, +1 to this. :slight_smile:

7. Just Jess

You go girl! What everyone else said about eyeshadow. Mother nature was very nice to you in the eye department. One thing I really pimp is a necklace; it's night and day. And I prefer lip gloss to lipstick. Especially if I'm wearing foundation to cover up what the razor couldn't get, it makes them stick out without really sticking out, if that makes sense. That's the only make-up I'll ever wear, and only every now and then. Sucks that you and I are probably in the same position with our eyebrows and not being able to shape 'em :tears:

EDIT: WTH you and I are about the same skin tone. I'm a little darker but the shade I use is called "120 Ivory" and it's this thick stuff that's supposed to make it look like you don't have pores. DO NOT go to bed with it on. I need it a lot more than you; I'm a little jealous actually. But if you go that route practice putting it on below your cheeks and then blending it upward 'till it looks natural.

EDIT 2: If I'm talking gibberish youtube is your friend.

#7 Just Jess, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  8. Just Jess

Also your eyebrows are naturally thinner than mine. Jealous about that too. I would put the eyebrow pencil away. Basically you just wanna enhance what you've got. You're retouching a photo not painting a picture, if that makes sense.

And I'm so not trying to be down on anything or too critical. You should do just fine. You've got a lot good to work with. You're very pretty :slight_smile:

9. you do pass! :slight_smile:

your makeup skills are good too! better than mine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    i see you like dark coulors, maybe a grey or brown smokey eye might look nice on you too. also you might want to look on youtube for some tips on how to contour your face so its slightly different. not that it needs it of course because you do pass well, but might give you some fuller cheeks or something.

10. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks everyone, yeah I'm not the best with makeup, the reason I chose that colour lipstick and heavy eyeshadow was because I was going for an emo look. I also didnt have much viraty of foundation so that sucks. And curlycats the smile thing was because i was trying to work the camera, im not good at taking selfies :grin: although most of the time I am quite sad. But thanks you all for your comments, and next time I will go for a more natural look :grin:

11. TheCatLady

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes you can pass, but I think you should make up in a different way and most of all, IMHO, eyebrows! Try to make them thinner with a gullwing shape..:slight_smile: They make a lot of difference!!!

12. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

From a distance yes, up close... Not quite. Id suggest less lipstick, less eyeliner, shaped eyebrows, foundation, a bit of blush and mascara. The trick is finding colours that work with your skin tone and then not overapplying it.

13. FemCasanova

Don`t sweat the eyebrows. Look up Jennifer Connelly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All women with nice natural eyebrows.

And yours are great too, no need for any make-up on them :slight_smile:

Personally I find the natural eye-brow look prettier than when they get picked away. I don`t pick my own either, and never will. Nor do I put make-up on them to make them look smaller. I don`t feel I need to, and I think yours are wonderful too, you have been lucky in the eyebrow apartment, as well as with the eyes!

Hugs :slight_smile:

#13 FemCasanova, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  14. Naomilly92

No, not in my opinion, from looking at that photo. Possibly from a distance, but I could tell upfront.