1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CrazECarmine, Oct 24, 2006.

1. CrazECarmine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Heyy guys, i guess i've said this in a few of my posts already,but i was just looking for some help in "fitting" in, in college. I am very fem and have never really lived with "guys" before, and i'm finding it difficult to feel comfortable in my room with my roommates. At Quinnipiac, we have quads, meaning four people in a room. I have three guys living wiht me, two of which are your typical jocks, and one of the two jocks, i know cannot stand me. I know he feels uncomfortable with me being gay, the other jock is a bit harder to tell. He is ok with me when the other jock is not in the room. the jock that does not like me, i will call the balla, his 'nickname.' the balla doesnt like me, but the other jock is ok with me when the balla is not in the room. I feel bad, but its hard for me too. i mean i aint the manlyist person in the world and i know that. the thrid roommate is cool with me, but he tends to stay to himself. i feel that the guys in my room are so distant. I mean its hard for me and them but idk what to do. I mean ... who am i gonna room with next year thats a big problem on my mind...anyone have any experience with this...or ideas to help me???

2. step49x

You're rooming with 4 people? That's rough.. I'm rooming with one other person right now. If nothing else, remember that your roommates aren't necesarily going to be your best friends. My roommate and I along fine together, but we certainly aren't best friends or anything.

Also, don't start worrying about who you're going to room with next year quite yet. You've only been going to school for a few months. You've got plenty of time to think about that later.