1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to vent...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by some nights, Jan 30, 2013.

1. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Mostly I just need to vent here, but any advice is appreciated as always....

Pretty much, the girl that first started off all my questioning and doubts is still very much in my life and we are really close friends. Once I started having trouble getting her out of my head, I cooled things off because nothing ever clued me in to her being interested in girls. But the past month she has been talking about how long my hair is getting and will walk by and run her fingers through it (ummmmmmmm yowza....) and she said a week ago she wanted to come over and play with it (straighten, curl, etc etc). Well last night I get a text: "Hey I'm coming over tomorrow to play with your hair :slight_smile:"

So I saw her today of course in class. Usually we'll meet glances and make faces at each other cause it's a really boring few days of class each week, but today there were a couple times where I'd look up and she wouldn't make a face, wouldn't look away, just looked at me until I smiled and turned away. Then as she was leaving once we were all done she looks over at me and mouths "text me" and leaves.

So she is coming over shortly and I'm dying inside. I tell myself to leave it alone with her and just stay friends, which I'd love to do, but as soon as things get back to that place something happens that sparks hope in me that maybe it's not just a friend thing. Anyways, I really just needed to vent that she will be here soon, running her hands through my hands, touching my face and being all smell-good and beautiful so freakin close. I'm "out" ish to two friends, but I feel like they'd still kinda tense up if I said anything like this to them, plus we're all kinda school friends so it's awkward...

Thanks for listening EC :wink:

2. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC.

I'd say that the best thing to do would be to come out to this girl. Then at least she knows you're not 100% straight. Perhaps she'll say the same thing back to you - but more likely she won't. She likely will be supportive and cool with it - and then you'll have to decide later whether or not you can stand hanging out with her when you feel differently from her.

But at this point she has likely come and gone. So let us know what happened.

3. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bit confused here! She sounds like she could be interested in you, no? What else could her staring at you in class mean? Did she say "text me" in a seductive way?

I think if someone says that they are coming over to play with your hair, then it sounds kind of romantic and sexual to me.

But by now, she probably has come over. So what happened?

4. always true

I don't know what to say for advice but that sounds so exciting! That crazy excitement you get when the person you like even like accidentally touches your hand you like tremble all over.

It does sound like she might be interested. See how the night goes but you do need to tell her.

5. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So it was a nice night. She came over, played with my hair, and we sat and talked for like an hour and a half. It was kinda flirty?? But again with her it's never quite clear...

When she texts me (which has actually increased in frequency the past few weeks) she calls me "dear" and the other day she called asking for help and I told her how to fix her problem and she said bye then 20 minutes later sent me 'thanks my precious!!!!!!! you're a life saver!!!!!!!' AND she never has boyfriends despite the fact that about a dozen are throwing themselves at her.....

I wouldn't mind telling her honestly, I know one of her other best friends is gay and she seems cool with it. I just don't know if that'd make things awkward because point is, I'd still like to be her friend.

6. flymetothemoon

If she seems cool with her other friend, it seems like maybe it would be safe to tell her that you don't think you are straight, you don't necessarily have to tell her you are in to her yet. You could see what her response is to the first part and decide if you want to tell her you're interested in her from there.