1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

low self esteem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hairyCub, Jan 30, 2013.

1. hairyCub

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so guys, i know there is nothing to do about. maybe i just want to vent, idk. being a hairy bottom seems not working here. I came from Europe and there being hairy guy is a huge plus. here seems that top guys (which i go for) are not into guys like me. while i keep getting compliments from very cute and hot guys but guess what, they are bottom. also from other guys, but those are like really out of shape or very old men. and i do get attention from top guys too, but after the first time it is over. maybe i am too hairy for them! i do have a type but i am not picky at all, but would keep real though. I am more of a fit guy than average and also work out. i know how to dress (not a fashion victim and will never be). I've been here for more than a year now and this is the first time in my gay life being single and it sucks. back home i shaved and waxed but it looked weird so i stopped. i never had a problem in getting guys from many different backgrounds until i got here. Most of the i cope with it and always say to myself "i am who i am and i am proud of it" but when i log on to these apps or sites, i sorta start comparing them to me. i feel like i have no chance to compete with those bottom cuties, for i look very masculine. the funny thing is many girls want to do me. i wish i were at least versatile :icon_sad:

#1 hairyCub, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not much advice to give.

1. Keep at it.
    2. Maybe skip the "hook-up" route, and try dating?
    3. Try shaving again. It's annoying as hell, but it does seem Americans think body hair = older top. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. MichaelB

Avoid the hook up scene completely and try dating then?

I don't have much in put other than that, lol. But if it's any consolation, I think finding a masculine bottom is hot, so. Mghhh, everyones different and finds different things attractive, so you just have to keep searching I suppose, like everyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The bear community welcomes guys like you with open arms. :grin:

5. hairyCub

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey there, i tired dating but again. there was this guy whom i "dated" for more a few months but after we decided we should try "it" he just lost interest in me. although he seemed very sincere when we were dating. shaving stinks and stings, strangely i am into hairy guys, the hairier the better, but never turned down naturally smooth guys. i don't the stubble is a "turn on" and to be honest, where to shave exactly since there is hair everywhere. thanks lex

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2013 at 07:34 PM ----------

believe me when i say i tired dating, i've always been into monogamous relationships. although there is nothing wrong with some occasional fun. here i have neither . I think the biggest part of my frustration is becoming way below avg after i always felt like the biggest fish. I've been to to many cities, European and non-European, and i felt very welcomed there. it feels weird transferring from a very desired to a very unnoticeable person. I always was confident, now i even started questioning how look and if i am hideous! but then remembering some hot guys here hitting on me boost my confidence to a level. and the cycle goes on and on :frowning2:. I only comfort myself with the fact i will be here only for a few years then go back and maybe settle down in a place that welcomes me more, but definitely not the in the US.

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2013 at 07:40 PM ----------

hey there. oh how i miss the bears! especially the muscular ones :tears: . i know there are bears and there are chubbies, right? here chubbies are considered bears! they are very different! and to be honest i am not into chubbies (the very heavy guys) since i work out and maintain a very healthy life style. :frowning2:

6. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get back to Europe so I can date you :wink: