1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice or new perspective needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fomalhaut, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Fomalhaut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello and thanks for taking the time to look at this post! Okay, so for the past six months I have been struggling with my sexuality. When school started back in August I thought I was straight then, I began to realize that I liked guys. Over the course of the school year I went from identifying as straight, to bi, and now to gay. I am "out" to my immediate family, old friends, and some new friends (attending a new school this year), and they have had nothing but support for me. The things is, I don't think I have accepted or I haven't been completely convinced that I am gay. The evidence I have complied suggests that I am. I only really notice guys at my school, I have had only interest in dating one girl while I can remember having what I thought were crushes on a few males, and I generally find men more attractive then women (especially when they have facial hair). I think the only thing I haven't really had is a general emotional attraction to another guy. I want to be in a relationship with one just to find out if I could gain an emotional attraction to another male. I am still in High school so I know I have a lot of time to figure this out but any help and advice would be helpful.

2. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC.

I think you're taking the right approach, and generally have the right attitude. It sounds to me like you're probably gay. But in terms of your ability to have an emotional relationship with another guy, that might take more time. Partly because you're still in high school and I'm not sure everyone in high school is ready for a deep emotional relationship. Also because society has likely conditioned you to think that you shouldn't have a relationship with another guy. So despite your family and friends being really supportive, you are likely still not entirely, 100% accepting of your orientation yourself.

We all go through this (usually) and work through it. No worries.

Good luck. And again - welcome!

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Curious... Have you yet had the type of relationship you desire with a guy with a girl?

Once you experience a love bond a lust/crush become obvious counterfeits.

If you had experienced "love" I doubt you would need to ask here. Love is like a slap in the face, you know when you have been slapped.

Stuck