1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no motivation in life to do anything

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Theagonist, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    for a while now I've just had no motivation to anything at all, like honestly I don't even care about anything anymore. I've been depressed off and on for about a little more than four years, but there more like extreme mood swings, I also recently know have progsively been getting anxiety problems, and I think I have ADD. Anyways I really don't care about anything in my life anymore, like I'm failing 3 classes right now and I won't do anything to make them better, I never study, nor do I ever take notes, and people say how smart I am, but I'm smart with like philosophy and whatnot. I play guitar, and I sing, but I don't ever practice to get any better, though, I'm told I "have potential", I also right songs and lyrics, and I know they're good but I just don't really care right now to finish them, and I want to have a career in music, but I don't have any drive to, and I want to make a band, but no-one here likes the music I like (Gothic metal, Doom Metal, Folk Metal, Symphonic metal) so that will never happen. I don't really have any close friends, but the one I do have I'm loosing because I finally told her that I'm gay, and she's being stupid about that. I'm extremely insecure about my body and I want to lose about 8 pounds, though people say I'm already skinny and my BMI is 21.6, but I still want to lose weight, but I won't try though I say I will. I have no self-confidence or self-esteem as you can see. And I have extremely emotionally abusive parents who just yell at me for everything since as long as I can remember, and they always say how amazing my older brother (20) is and how amazing my younger sister (11) is. And I get about 5 hours of sleep usually, and I used to be bulimic just don't care what happens to my life now, like I don't even care If I die tomorrow or if I have a completely terrible life and I end up failure; which I will.

2. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This sounds like some nasty depression. That's kind of what depression does; sucks the life and motivation out of everything. Have you seen a counselor or therapist about this?

3. Mogget

I agree, it sounds like depression, I'd suggest talking to a therapist or counselor.

4. nickih

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think you may need some help with this. Tell someone right away how your feeling. And get profesional help.