1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of never finding someone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by opalmushroom, Jan 30, 2013.

1. opalmushroom

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm only 15, and I'm about 75% sure I'm a lesbian/gay. I believe that 15 is still too young to seriously date (from what I've seen in other people's high school relationships, they don't really last and it's not really "dating"). So needless to say, I've never really dated anyone. But deep inside I fear that I'll never find someone, whether it be in high school or college.
    Is this normal? Or am I over thinking things because I'm still in high school.

2. shovelman

It's normal to think that but you also have to know that you're still very young and the right person, in your case girl/women, will come along the way and all you have to do is be open in mind and heart :slight_smile:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can tell you right now-- the person you are now is not the person you will be in 5 years or even less. I was 15 about 7 years ago, and I've matured so much. Not that I don't have a long way to go, just... less of a long way XD.

I went on one solitary date before I was 17, and only then did I get a girlfriend because it so happened that the girl I liked had had a crush on me for years. Coincidence, huh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It ended up not working out though, and my current relationship is rocky at best. In my own experience, I'd prefer not to have anybody and spend all my life searching, than to settle for the wrong person. In loneliness is hope, but in a broken marriage there is just suffering.

4. Jim1454

Hi there and welcome to EC!

You're too young to be worried about never finding someone. Most people at 15 - gay or straight - likely feel the same way you do. The fact is that you do change quite a bit between 15 and 25. Don't sweat it. Focus on being yourself, and liking yourself. A well adjusted, confident person is attractive to everyone.

5. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC! Hugs
    At 15 I think everyone wonders if there is someone in the world for us. There is plenty of time before you need to be really concerned. You will eventually see that person or meet that person and love will happen. It will be all good dear.

6. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

It is not only normal once you find someone the fear shifts to tossing them.

Basic human insecurity and uncertainty.

Maturity teaches you to push through it.

There is no rush, you are young, go at your pace, your brain is not even physiologically done developing until you are in your 20's and that is why the teen years can be so hard.

Add to that adult situations with little life experience to deal with them.

It gets easier with time, physical and mental maturity and a bit of autonomous adult experience.

Relax, it will come in its own way and in its own time.

Stuck

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Feel the same way.
    Only gay guy at my school(as far as I know), and I do get seriously lonely. But hey, I feel good about myself, so there is always hope.