1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

premonition or projection?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by josh9623, Jan 31, 2013.

1. josh9623

Ok so about a month or so ago i had a dream about my crush in which he came up to me and started to tell me that he liked me but then my friends (and not even the straight ones) started yelling at him and made him run after him but i woke up as soon as i caught up to him. this has been stuck in my head for a while now. he said that he isn't gay but i still don't believe hes straight either. so if anyone can help interpret this dream it would be awesome as every time i think hes out of my head i see his name of something that makes me think of him.

2. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dreams can't tell you about other people, they only tell you about you. In this case, the dream is telling you things about yourself that you already know.

If your friend says he's not gay, just believe him. As you can see in other threads, even those who are closeted don't like being pressured to come out. Those who are simply straight like it even less.

3. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehhhh, it depends on what your belief system is of dreams. There are some that believe when two people think about each other they dream about one another, of course the only way to tell if you have a shared dream is by asking, and usually you dream about desires or things locked away in your subconscious so people generally don't talk about the dreams that feel more private to those that were in them.

I would say... until you have more proof. Its a dream. But don't shut it down. We don't know everything about the world or humans and how it all works so... there may be something. If i was a dream analyst i would tell you that because you are chasing him in the dream you are in fact chasing the desire of him and because you wake up when you reach him, subconsciously you know you can't actually have him. But i'm not so... :wink:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely true. I don't think dreams have any supernatural powers. They are only manifestations of what's in your head, whether conscious thoughts or not.

I agree also about not pressuring him to come out, but if you have valid reasons to suspect him, do so, as long as you don't get on his case about it. Make it easy for him if anything.

5. josh9623

i have come out to him but havent told him that i like him in that way and i have kinda been letting eveything sit hoping that i would get a better time to talk to him about it