1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This A Date?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by worriedWardrobe, Jan 31, 2013.

1. worriedWardrobe

So, my friend, who is openly gay, asked me if I wanted to do something on Saturday. I suggested that we go see a movie, and he said "Sure! That'd be nice"

We've known eachother for a few years, but not very well. That is, until I came out. Since then we've gotten pretty close, and there's definitely a spark there. We always find something to talk about, we text all day, and frequently joke about getting married.

I really need to know if this is a date. I hope it is, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

2. shovelman

You could always ask him if you're curios, if your friendship is as strong as you say then there shouldn't be a problem by asking even if it doesn't end up being one. be sure to be clear and don't be bothered if it's not, try to enjoy the movie and spend sometime with him :slight_smile:.

3. castle walls

The best way to know if he considers this a date is to ask him. We (people on EC) can speculate but he is the only one that really knows for sure

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well you have 2 choices I think;

1. Ask him if it's a date, as you're unsure. Even if it wasn't, this gives him an opportunity to make a date, as you contemplating whether or not it's a date shows that you are interested in him in a non-friend way.

2. 'Go with the flow', so to speak. Just go to the movies, enjoy it and if anything happens then you'll know if it was a date, otherwise if you two just part ways as friends, you'll know it wasn't a date.

All the best.

5. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I definitely sounds like a date to me :slight_smile: