1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MD85, Jan 31, 2013.

1. MD85

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My best friend has recently split up from his wife of ten years. As a support I have been there for him through the hard times, including being a shoulder to cry on, gave him a place to stay and been his drinking partner. Recently I have developed a really strong loving feeling for him. I split up from my long term girlfriend only three months ago and did not think that I was gay. One night after a few too many beers and shots we went back to my house and continued drinking. I don't know why or who initiated it but we ended up kissing and having a bit of a drunken fumble. We then both went to sleep and woke up the next morning naked in bed together. We both laughed and didn't talk about it again. I'm really confused as I now believe that I am gay. I have always looked at good looking men and said how handsome they were but I am more attracted to females. That is now apart from my best friend who I can't stop thinking about. We see each other everyday and he will soon be moving back in with me. I don't know if he feels the same as me. I doubt it but then I would never think that I would feel this way about him. I don't want to lose him as a friend but don't know if I can carry on without being honest with him. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Furmanuel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hm. Complicated situation.

Go ahead and tell him you think you're in love with him. Maybe it's just because you were drunk. If you don't feel comfortable, then don't tell him. Just maybe if it happens again, then when you wake up let him know. Get drunk again, hell knows where it'll take you :wink:

Have fun!

-E.F.

3. jadakiss97

I fell in love with my best friend. I was scared shitless but decided to tell her. At first she wasn't sure how she felt so I said ok and our friendship grew deeper. Everything that should have broken us apart brought us closer. 5 months later she wanted to date me. Much to my joy I said yes. It's going on 3 years and I still feel the same way I did at day 1. So take the risk :slight_smile: