1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rivers, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Rivers

Today, I was discussing religion with my parents. My mom said that I should join a Catholic church when I grow up, and I said that I don't support Christianity. She countered by saying that I've gone to church and liked it. I said that I never really liked church. She said that she's made me into a 'religious freak'.

I told her that I'm sorry for being so flippant about her religious views. She replied by saying that it's her fault for making me into a 'freak', and that I've changed so much she has no idea who I am.

As of now, we're not talking. She's mad, and I'm mad. My dad sides with me, and is trying to reason with her.

I'm just really upset right now.

2. prism

(*hug*)

You're not a freak, and there is nothing wrong with you. She is the only barrier standing in the way of getting to know you.

3. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Ugh, religious mothers. I know how that is, don't worry you're fine. You have your own beliefs and that's all that matters, right?

4. Rivers

Thanks guys. I feel a lot better now!