1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

identification problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SamAlex728, Mar 5, 2008.

1. SamAlex728

i haven't come out yet but i have a question for when i do.
    i am attracted to girls and guys but can't imagine having sex with a girl.
    the only sexual feelings i have are for guys even though i am attracted to some girls.
    i have had romantic feelings for girls but still cant imagine sex with a girl

should i identify as gay or bi?

:help:

2. Paralyzer

:frowning2: I had that problem for a long time..
    I really really liked guys, but I kept getting crushes on girls so I was very confused on what I was. I considered myself bi for the longest time.. and though I'm still not 100 percent gay, my orientation says gay because after a few personal experiences (such as girlfriends and 'accidental' gay momments with guys) I decided I would much rather be with a guy than girl.

Personally, from my own experiences, I'd say you shouldn't identify as any solid preference right now.. give it like 3 years and I would guess you'd know more about yourself then. Growing up is just a confusing part of life.

I don't think it would be a good idea to come out before you're comfortable with your orientation (meaning you understand it a little better)

#2 Paralyzer, Mar 5, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  3. KatoKumi

STEVEN, why are you awake :nag:
    You should be asleep, lol.
    It's like 2AM;
    I was wondering why you were on.

&I don't see why you have to put labels on it. If you like a guy, you like a guy. If you like a girl, you like a girl. Everyone has the ability to fall in love with either. I believe that no one can be just straight or just gay.

There's gotta be a little leeway. A little bending room between all the labels that society puts on it. x_x;

4. sexyalex

1. you identify yourself as a human being :dry:

2. your sexual orientation is "bi-curious"

sweety your 13 and i barely think u know what puberty is yet...don't rush it just learn from it.:slight_smile:

5. Level N Human

Why don't you just take it easy and fall for whoever you happen to fall for, since it is inevitable anyways. :slight_smile:

If anyone asks you can be: Curious, flexible, sexable (actaully, cross this one out, I don't know if I want to condone it at such an early age since it will probably lead to some type of lawsuit).

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're very young so I would just see which you like a little more. I mean there's plenty of time. You don't have to identify as either. I'm sure you'll be happy later on if you identify as gay or bi. And yes, identify yourself as a human being and this may be a phase or you're curious or something. You have a lot of time to identify yourself as something later.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Why label yourself? You don't need to have a label :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But if you'd really feel happier with a label, i'd just say your gay, with some feelings for girls.

8. Jim1454

You have LOTS of time to figure this out! I don't think it's necessary or helpful for 13 year old guys or girls to be labeling themselves as straight / bi / gay. You've got other things in your life to be worried about - don't worry about this right now. Take comfort that whatever path your life takes, you're a good and worthy person that can be successful and productive and have a loving relationship with someone else (eventually) regardless of your orientation.

Good luck!

9. SamAlex728

sure maybe thats true but saying i'm bi could be misleading as could saying im gay if the right girl comes along

any more advice???????

10. Tim

Tim

You're 13 it's a very intense time, due to hormones (god I hate that word), as they will mess with your mind, you have plenty of time to figure it out, don't try rushing into it. If you feel you MUST label yourself, then just say what you've been saying, you're gay with some interest in girls.

Also, do you know if the attraction to girls is a physical attraction or an emotional one? As I experienced this last year, even though I knew I was gay, I developed feelings for a girl, however, it was more of a best friend feeling, which I had never realized made me feel like that, so could that possibly be it?

11. darkestknight

Nah, no need with all the labels. Ditch 'em. :thumbsup:

Let it go with the flow. Be yourself.

No need to force yourself to imagine what is sex with a girl or not. These kind of thing will change as you grow up. (&&&)