1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Shootings?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ForgottenRose, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So yeah.. Kind of a long story, but here goes.

Ahem:
    These two guys at my school were friends, but recently one told The Other that he didn't want to be friends anymore. The Other, then kind of threatened to kill the kid, with like a straight face and like full on seriousness. The Other, then (as far I have heard) stalked the friend, and randomly appeared in is backyard multiple times. Everyone at school treats the other pretty bad; I haven’t (at least not that i know of) done anything. But like everyone is thinking The Other is gonna like shoot up the school because of how basically he is now friendless because everyone basically backed away from him after hearing about the stalking. Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind, like for real fear. I know this is all kinda shoddy, but like EVERYONE that knows, is pretty creeped out, like full on most of my grade won't be there tomorrow. I guess, you could say, they are scared of being punished for their sins. Which I get completey, its just after a girl killed herself last year, I figured people would change and NOT bully anymore, guess not.

So.. should I go to school tomorrow, or pull an excuse out of thin air?

2. Jameson

Well, that's tough to decide. It is probably just some kid in a bad position, but it could also be a serious threat. If you really are afraid to go to school, tell your parents about the kid and explain why you don't want to go. Then I would email the guidance counsellor, whoever that is for your grade, and talk a bit to them.

3. photoguy93

I would probably be too scared and want to stay home. But I think you have to look into this very respectfully (of the situation.)

You can't live in fear. Tomorrow, some other unknown meanie could come in and throw a pie in your face. We never know!

Also, you have to know exactly what happened. Did the stalker actually stalk this kid? Maybe it's people wanting to make this kid out to be something he isn't.

That being said, keep an eye out. Don't be afraid to tell someone about what is happening. If you're going to be worried, tell a teacher you trust. What's the point of being so scared and not doing anything about it?

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The thing is, people have already told the principals and everything. They said we would be okay, but all the other schools thought so too, Sooo...

Basically, they just admit the threat is there, but can't do too much.

5. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell someone. Your parents would be your best bet. If you are afraid to go to school, go to them. Tell them the story and see what they say.

Also, like photoguy93 said... you have to know what is true in this story and what isn't. Maybe the stalking and showing up in his backyard is all made up. Maybe the kid doesn't have access to a firearm. BUT tell someone. Better to be safe than sorry. And if you are genuinely fearful for your life then tell someone.

Chances are, most of your grade will show up tomorrow anyway... no matter what they say.

6. Minx

Well, being from one of the states that is developing a tragic rapport with this problem.

I, personally, would take a day off if I was worried. :3

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At my school, when people say they aren't coming they aren't.Everyone is basically pretty honest,when it comes to attendance.