1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentines day gifts?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Draco, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never shopped for a gay guy before and I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He likes theater and likes to sing (surprise surprise lol) think of me as your typical straight guy but sleeps with other men, I.E. I have no idea what to get him. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Minx

Any plays he's interested in seeing live? A night out for some karaoke so he can sing to his hearts content?

3. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know of any plays he likes

4. photoguy93

Well, I have never been in this situation, BUT it sounds exactly like how I want to have it (but I'm the stereotypical one. So I can help!)

I would appreciate any jesture, but don't be unoriginal. Flowers and chocolate are cute for like, being sweet. But not on Valentine's. Or, at least, not for the sole gift.

I would consider doing something that he would find totally romantic.

You could go to dinner at a nice restaurant and then maybe go back and watch his favorite movie (especially a favorite romantic movie. My god, I'd just be shell shocked if I could watch "Under the Tuscan Sun" on Valentine's Day with a guy I was with.)

I can't really be more specific because I'm not sure how close you guys are or at what stage you are at in your relationship. If it's really new, then start small. You might be in this for a few years, so save some for next year.

If you want to get him a small gift, look at what he likes. For example, what's his favorite play or musical, or even his favorite musician? I know this sounds a little unorthodox, but it's Valentine's Day - what if he totally loves Cabaret? Get him like a fun/sexy Cabaret Poster.
    When I give gifts, I go completely unorthodox. I don't do the normal stuff. I just listen. Look for hints, too! That's another tip!

5. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't even know what Cabernet is lol. But I'm starting to get some ideas now. We're at the very beginning phases but I'd like to keep him around

6. photoguy93

Haha, Cabaret is a very famous musical. (Google it. Seriously, what's up with this world!)

Granted, Cabernet is a type of wine...

Anyways, feel free to bounce around some ideas!