1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to keep that positive feeling?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Some days or to be specific some parts of some days I feel great and positive and happy and all that but I just cant seem to keep that mood going as the slightest little thing knocks me down.

I dont know what to do to keep going

Erm....:bang:

2. June Cleaver

When I feel blue I think of that last hug or kiss he last gave me or sometimes that first time he told me he loved me and I knew he meant it. If you are single than think of something that makes you happy and keep that thought. Also sometimes when I am blue and he is at work I will bake him something sweet! If you can put your hands to work doing something you enjoy, your brain will follow. I hope this helps, June

3. FemCasanova

I know the feeling.

What helps for me, is even on the days when you don`t feel all happy and peppy, smile anyways, and keep up the positive attitude.

"It`ll work itself out". "I`ll fix it". "I can handle it, just like I handle everything else". "Life gets even better when it is hard, then I get tougher and smarter".

Use it as a mantra on the bad days, and you might find that they go by a bit faster. Just do what you gotta do, keep yourself occupied and give yourself some time and space to relax.

Also, it has to be allowed to have a down day. A day where you do not feel like if the sun is shining and life is smiling at you. It is okay to have bad days. Don`t feel that you have failed somehow, just because you`re not having a great couple of days. It happens. Life goes up and down, we just gotta roll with it.

Hope you feel better soon!

4. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Try having something in the day to look forward to. I remember one day I really didn't feel like going to class but then I thought to myself "Hey, it's only one hour out of my life and then I get to meet my mom and brother for lunch." You could also think things like "Only X more hours till I get off work." or "Only X more days till the weekend."

5. Motov

My "Down days" are spent sleeping, usually because I do need the rest, it really helps recharging the brain.

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I think everyone feels like that at one point or another. I feel like that frequently, but yet again I most likely have Bipolar I disorder.. so mine fluctuate like a really looped up rollercoaster.

I think we just need to focus on the positives of that day and some of the smaller things in life and not to become so absorbed on certain things that happen that bring our moods down. Exercise helps a lot in regards to feeling better as well, since it releases endorphins, serotonin and dopamine which make you feel good. But we all need a day to relax, too. Do things that make you happy, pick up your hobbies or something.

But yeah, we're all allowed to feel bad sometimes, it's human nature. We just gotta roll with the punches. Feel better!

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Aw (*hug*) I have those feelings too. When I'm feeling really down, I talk to a friend or even come on here! Distract yourself from negative thoughts by looking as posts or talking to people on here :slight_smile: music is an amazing distraction too! Just don't let your thought bring you down. Tell yourself that not every day is bad and that there are good things to come! Smile :slight_smile:

8. Minx

I like to keep busy, be productive. Make others laugh, that way if something gets me down, I can remember that I did some nice things, brought a smile or an amused eye roll to others. :slight_smile:

9. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How you think, act, and feel is a triangular relationship. If you want to feel positive, think and act positively.