1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm glad i didn't!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TeePee, Feb 1, 2013.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in a mildly homophobic country and for a couple of months now, i've had a serious crush on someone at my school. You see, my school is one of those where everyone knows everyone. For some time i've kept the possibility of coming out to him open. I even friended him on facebook and we have good relations. There are a few lesbians at our school, who are not discrete. Some of them know i'm gay. Anyway, one of these lesbians started telling everyone about a girl she's dating. Long story short, a certain journalist found out, arleted the police and those ladies were arrested. The screwed up part is our school administrator is going to expel them......so, am i glad i didn't come out?? DEFINITELY. Has anyone had similar situations, where not coming out felt pleasant(lack of a better word)??

2. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry to hear that, thats awful. I hope things change for your country in the future. Stay safe.

3. Fairylink

Wow, that's horrible :\

4. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Jeez...that is insane :frowning2: man, I'm sorry that it's like that over there. I really need to stop complaining. Good for you for playing it safe though!

5. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm also glad that they did not get any ''proof'' that my friend was a lesbian, so they did not arrest her. Sucks big time, though.

6. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Oh, that's good. But yea, that does suck. Again, so sorry that you had to witness that.

7. PeteNJ

Wow, you are in a tough spot, I'm glad you recognized the danger you are in.

I wish you the strength to hold out until either there is acceptance in your country or you can live where you choose and live out openly.

Peace

8. ChandlerCurious

Yikes! What a horrible additional burden to not only have to worry about how your family and friends will react but for it not to be supported AT ALL in your country is unfortunate. Good luck to you!

9. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i went to school today and i discovered that my lesbian friend was picked up too for questioning. She spent hours in the school administrator's office, where names came up, mine included. I don't really know what they know but their homophobia makes me sick. As for the other girls, they spent the entire weekend going through ''counselling''.

10. Hot Pink

I can't even imagine what leaving in such a country would be like. I hope the best for you. I always feel so powerless when I hear stories like this. :frowning2:

11. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not to sound too whiny, as if that wasn't enough, the school administrator even addressed the entire school saying homosexual practices are a form of satanism. Ignorant old fool!