1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Michael46236, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Michael46236

I have been openly gay since about eighth grade, but i never really talked about it to anyone. I told the first person on AIM and just told them to tell other people if anyone asked if i wanted to talk about it I said no. It was that way al through high school, I never told my parents but I know they know. Now I am almost twenty years old I've never kissed or even talked to another guy. I have absolutley no gay friends. Living in Indiana it seems like I would have to actually go out and look on the internet or at gay clubs and I'm just not comfortable with that. I have had a few guys talk to me in the past but whenever they want to hang out I just ignore them. I'm getting tired of being so lonely and depressed, but I dont know what to do...

2. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You want socialization, but you isolate yourself. Really the only way to fix this is to stop isolating yourself. Join an LGBT group, or go out to a gay bar/club, or hang out with guys when they ask. I know for some people it's not that simple, and I'm not saying it's easy, however it is really the only solution.

Good luck!

3. photoguy93

Are you an alien who steals brains?

This is weird because this is me. Like, I even live in Indiana.

My friends know, and I Know my family knows. I just...haven't wanted to tell them, you know?

Unless you live in the bigger areas of Indiana, I have come to a conclusion that there's one thing we can do - nothing. haha.

As negative as that sounds, I have come to the realization that I can't have much of anything with a guy until I move. I live in the Northeast part of the state. Yeah, I guess we have a few bigger cities, but not much.

Another thing is that Indiana is a 21 and older bar state. So even if you wanted to go to a gay bar, you have to be 21. And no offense to anyone who came out later in life, but a lot of us youngins are stuck!

I think I would just suggest taking a breather. Don't get yourself so worked up over it. I have. It's totally messed me up, but I'm trying to be a better person about it.

Things will happen. There probably is someone out there. It's just that the good ones are really hard to find.

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2013 at 08:02 PM ----------

That's really tough for some of us, though. I've had one guy tell me, in person, that he thought I was cute. Even at that, he had to write it on my cup at starbucks. Actually, I think it was "I <3 you."

I live in a little town connected to a bigger city. Even at that, there's not much to do. The gay club at my school is so damn cliquey.

I'm just trying to be honest. What you said works for a lot of people! Truly.

The only thing I can say is that maybe you should find a gay group that has awesome lesbians. Then, at least, you are comfortable with people fairly similar to you, you know?

4. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol yes, from my experience girls, especially lesbians, LOVE setting up their gay guyfriends!

5. ommmmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think many gay people hate socializing with the same kind, like you and me.
    I once tried to hang out on some social website where I only found out tons of needy guys looking for sex. They show their naked body in profile to attract more winks. I do have physical need once in a while but I think what I really need is a long-term serious relationship. That's why I'm still single and waiting for a day to go to a country without too many eyes of my family and find someone who I can spend my time with. I don't know if the reason you don't like socialization is that you think people are untrustworthy. If it is, why don't you start with your close friends? You can turn for their helps, and maybe they can introduce you someone you can share feeling with.What's easier for you is you think your parents already know you are gay. Unlike most of we chinese, whose traditional family is such a huge obstacle between us and that gay world, you can give yourself a little freedom to do what you want to. I think deep inside you know what you really want.