1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i like this girl, how do I talk to her

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Unsuregirl, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Unsuregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I like this girl at work, who is actually like my assistant boss. She is a lesbian as well, and ever since she found out I was she kinda acts diff around me. I mean not much but diff then she used to. I like her alot, like dream about her ALL THE TIME! And think about her alot. I wanna worker harder when she is around, and anyways. I have her number but am always afraid to text her, cause well she is my boss, and I dunno how to approach this situation. Please help me

2. GabrielTai

Cliche, but...beeeee yourself. Maybe ask her out for a coffee or tea one day for lunch. Something casual, but that you could still get to know her and she could get to know you. Just try to treat it like meeting anyone else :slight_smile: and if you happen to throw a few well placed compliments her way, I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

The issue of her being your boss isn't really too big of a deal at this point, but it could be problematic if something more than friendship does come of it. I have a very strict policy about dating co-workers. Which is that I don't. But, I wouldn't worry about that too much at the moment. Id concentrate more on getting to know her as a person, you know? :slight_smile: I had a crush on one of my high school teachers which faded over time, but we are great friends now, and we go out to the bar now and then and play "spot-the-lesbians".

3. Unsuregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    lol, that game sounds fun. See like before I came out I couldn't be myself around anyone. Then when I came out, with the guys I work with Im like well me. Full out, but with her I tighten up I just shut down. I wanna talk to her and text her all the time. But I dont even know how to start. I just freeze. I wanna get transfered from that dept anyways, so then really we wouldn't be co workers anymore. There are over 1000 people on our shift alone, so ya know then we really wouldn't be. I just freeze with ehr and why lord I will never know. I wanna just start talking and not stop.
    But I freeze bad

4. squally89

Hmm how about writing your thoughts down about her. And refine it to a more appropriate speech afterwards and practice it like a play. Perhaps you should anticipate what she will say so you won't "freeze" again. If you can play out a conversation in your head perhaps it will help you out next time you see her?

5. GabrielTai

I have this problem with women as well. I freeze up and don't really know what to say. So I typically make a disclaimer and that usually breaks the ice pretty well which goes something like this:

I'm kind of a social dunce, and I suck at talking to people. Like...a lot. Tornado levels of sucking and blowing at talking to people. And if Something I say happens to be really stupid, feel free to whap me one in the head for being an idiot :slight_smile:

A lot of chicks dig awkward for some reason, so if you're nervous, that's ok. Chances are she'll probably find it cute. Most of my opening conversations with women are basically me going "uhh..duhh...name..right! Gabe!" And grinning like an idiot because a pretty girl is talking to me. I've just kind of learned to let whatever wants to fall out of my mouth do so, and the worst that can happen is we both get really awkward until I make a joke at my own expense. There are much worse things than being awkward. :slight_smile:

6. Ripley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with GabrielTai ...

be open with her , nervous and all. You may find she's just as nervous . That may just break the ice.

7. Unsuregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    See she isn't nervous she is like the most outgoing, knows exactly who she is, fun easy person ever. Everyone loves her. She is just I dunno amazing