1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um, Yeah... Of Course I Like Boys :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoiGeorge, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

My Irish great aunt and uncle are visiting and Uncle Kevin started talking to me about college which is starting in a few days. He wanted to know if i was boy crazy and would i be concentrating on boys or school! I honestly told him school because i didnt have the guts to tell him that im gay. Gawd i hate my life! :/ Why couldnt i just tell him?! I kept trying to change subject but he kept going on and on about how I should find myself a nice boyfriend *face palm* Why couldnt i tell him?! Whats wrong with me?! :bang:

2. shovelman

You couldn't tell him because coming out to family is always hard even if you're out to your parents :/ But there's nothing wrong with that, you can tell them once you're more comfortable to tell them :slight_smile:

3. Nomalimae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There's nothing wrong with you. You just need to find the right way to tell them! I'm not one to talk, I guess, since I haven't told my parents yet. I know I'll be doing it when I'm home for the summer.
    But yeah! Just sit down and think about how best to tell them. For me, it'll be sitting down with my mum and just saying it outright. I know she'll take it the best, and then we'll go from there. Figure out who you should tell first, and how, and then maybe they can help you tell everyone else.

4. Rexmond

I know exactly how it feels when you regret not coming out or talking to someone abou something, I do it so often and it's no good I'm telling you. It affects me mentally, I even failed one of my exams because I was so angry at my self because I didn't talk to someone whom I promised I would. The sad thing is I have known this man for 2 years and he's made it clear that anytime I need to talk to him he will be there, yet I still find it so scary... And I don't know why. I honestly think there is something wrong with me. But when I do talk to him, it's such a huge relief, and I don't know why sometimes I fid it easy to talk to him and other times I find it impossible.

I think it is down to timing, I don't know how my judgement of timing works, but I seem to have one.