1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I had a weird vivid dream about coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by teluphone, Feb 2, 2013.

1. teluphone

A little weird as i've seldom had such a vivid dream last night involving me coming out to my sister after she questions why i hate my parents so much and why we never got along. In the dream she seemed okay with it first and then it got overwhelming negative and she called me the filthiest scum on the earth and disgusting.....afterwards my dream ended with me slipping off the ledge of a tall building after feeling someone was after me.

I'm not entirely sure whether i'm getting really paranoid now or the anxiety is just somewhat getting worse since all i want to do is dream peacefully

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard when something that is haunting you throughout the day invades your dreams. Do you know how your sister would actually react if you came out to her? Has she every commented about gay people? Maybe your fears are a bit irrational, or maybe they have basis in fact.

3. teluphone

Well considering i know my parents think i can change and choose to be straight and that these forums (EC) are 'demonic' in nature, i've gone to really hate their guts for showing their true colours and bigotry.

For my sister, she has made homophobic comments in the past and occasionally backs up saying "we know gay friends, so we have nothing against gay people." The paranoia kinda stems from what if my parents told my sister to not go down to the gay path and i have an uneasy feeling she might know which is why i'm not particularly close with my family.