1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out without words?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beep, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Beep

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, so I'm really thinking of coming out as FTM to my mum, as she's the only person in worried about telling. She's the only person stopping me from telling others too, in case she finds out through gossip or something. I've pretty much talked myself into coming out soon, this year at least, and in really proud that I've finally made a decision to do this. The only problem is... I kind of fail with words.

Like, I really cannot speak about anything private or slightly embarrassing to people. Over the Internet, fine! Through texting, easy! But as soon as me and them start actually conversing using VOICE (phone calls as well), I clam up. This is the main obstacle I have in telling mum. Does anybody have any good ideas on how to come out without having to speak to mum? It sounds weird and/or horrible to her, but I would really prefer to have a non-verbal outing D:

2. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people
    You could write a letter to her, perhaps.

3. DeanIsHome

You could do it using the cake like that one girl did, or like how my mom found out open up this forums to the section for parents and let her "accidentally" find it on you're computer.

4. Beep

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like the idea of a letter, also leaving the parents section of the forum open on my computer for her to look at. I think the first is my favourite though :grin:

I'm afraid the cake would be a bad idea though: I can't bake to save my life, and if I tried to write something as simple as "I'm Trans!" on a cake it's probably turn out like "Guin Blanz!". Haha :slight_smile: